• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

parts from grand cherokee?

CV95XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Im going up to a freinds house on saturday, to get some parts off a zj, that he was parting out. he said I could take pretty much anything thats left before he takes it the the junkyard, so what should I get?

first question, I wanted to get the tie rod and drag link, but was wondering what was different between the two.

also, any other parts I should get? it has a blown motor, and the trans, t case, and back axle are already gone.

All the steering and suspension from the front can be used. You might want some of the engine accessories as well?

I believe front seats are also interchangeable if yours are not in good condition

back axles gone, or else id grab it, but yea, ill try and get the front shafts, and seats, probly a new o2 sensor and some other engine stuff, thanks guys.

well, decided not to take any parts, instead paid 150 and took the whole thing, he even towed it to my house.

found out the front seats aren't interchangeable, wish they were, their nice! its got a rod knock, but its the 5.2 v8, sweet! Im probly gonna part it out, so if you need anything its in pretty decent shape otherwise.

also had a question about the tie rod, is it supposed to have a few bends in it? or is it supposed to be a straight piece. also it's a 96 so whats with the axleshafts, they had like a protective rubber piece around the u joint, do you think they'll still work in mine?

yea, I new that, just didn't say it for some reason, now is their any reason cv joints would be bad, or not work. I would think they'd help.

CV95XJ said:
well, decided not to take any parts, instead paid 150 and took the whole thing, he even towed it to my house.

found out the front seats aren't interchangeable, wish they were, their nice! its got a rod knock, but its the 5.2 v8, sweet! Im probly gonna part it out, so if you need anything its in pretty decent shape otherwise.

also had a question about the tie rod, is it supposed to have a few bends in it? or is it supposed to be a straight piece. also it's a 96 so whats with the axleshafts, they had like a protective rubber piece around the u joint, do you think they'll still work in mine?
The front seats ARE interchangeable. All you have to do is unbolt them from the Grand tracks and put them on your XJ sliders. That is of course, assuming you have a 95+ Cherokee. I gather by your name that you do though. If you have other questions you can pm me but I am positive the seats will work for ya.

CV95XJ said:

The tie rod is supposed to have a couple bends in it. It's still way stronger than the XJ tie rod.

pm sent.

DXJ said:
The tie rod is supposed to have a couple bends in it. It's still way stronger than the XJ tie rod.

pm sent.
Thanks right, the V8 one only is made from solid cast steel of a bigger diameter the same as the drag link rather than the stock hollow tube one.

I also have access to a Grand Cherokee, Does anyone know if the trailer hitch from one will fit onto a cherokee? Thanks
-Jeff

2000_XJ said:
I also have access to a Grand Cherokee, Does anyone know if the trailer hitch from one will fit onto a cherokee? Thanks
-Jeff
It wont.

Back