• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Spring Cleaning/Fixing. Need some advice!

Mtb Jak

NAXJA Forum User
Okay so the last few days its been real nice out up here in NY so I took up the challenge and changed my oil with my friend, first time ever doing anything like that but with some searching on NAXJA found all I needed to so i tackled that.

Well anyways, I was looking around at my Jeep that My dad bought this past fall and it was in great condition, and my eyes fell upon things that happend this winter..

Can you guys give me some advice about what to do with these problems?

Here she is:

frontut6.jpg

(front bumper all trimmed and some tow hooks ;-))

Okay now the not so nice stuff:

fenderrv2.jpg

This bothers me and it looks like where it mounts to that brackets broken a little bit.. any ideas?

hosedt9.jpg

This is kinda bad with all the salt that was on the roads not sure how this happend but looking at it im not even sure where to start do I need to get a whole new assembly or what? (I have the little plastic piece out of the hose maybe glue it back on?)

Saved the best for last!
roofuj5.jpg

If you cant see it some JERK must have climbed on my poor JEEP and now theres an indent in the damn roof its near the rear. I tryed pounding it out with my fist thru the inside thru the headliner but I think it made it worse??

Anyways this winter has been hell for my poor guy and all these problems bother me and i got a bit of money im willing to put into getting these little anoying things fixed!

Thanks
Jack

Any Ideas especially about this damn roof!?

I bought a 92 with a bunch of dents and the reinforcing piece seperated from the roof skin. Since the headliner was out for cleaning, I used a different pieces of wood, 4x6, 2x4, etc and jack to straighten out the roof. lt worked out well. The secret is to remember that if you use the end of a 2x4, the edges will show as these are high pressure points (lines), so distribute the force by using a thin sheet of plywood or some other material to distribute the load.
My results weren't perfect but not nearly as noticable, you have to know where to look.

Don't hammer! Push. Oh by the way, don't use the floor as a support for jacking or you will push it down! I placed jackstands outside the doors and used a 4x6 across them for the jack placement. I did this after stripping the entire interior out for cleaning.

woah i never thought of that thank you that is a very creative way and i can see this working!

any one else how about the rear wiper thing the squirting other cars is fun but i kinda want a clean view out the back

As far as your rear wiper, go to a dealer or junkyard. The bezel is only a few bucks at the dealer if they can get one. I think '97 thru '01 fit and they are easy to replace.

Your welcome. Don't jack it too far or you will streatch the metal the other way! It is elastic, so you need to go just a little bit further than what you want visually, sneek up on it.

Back