• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$300 lift?

Dfete1

NAXJA Forum User
I'm intersested in lifting my 91 4 door about 3". I will only be able to spend about $300 on the lift itself. What do you guys think I should do?

Thanks. I know I need a kit with new coils, I don't want to do spacers. I hear good and bad about Rough Country and Rusty's, but they seem to have the stuff I need atr a price I'm willing to pay. Whatr do you think.

Or, get ZJ V8 front springs, bastard rear leaf packs, extra rubber spring isolators, MJ rear shackles, home-made BPE's and trim a little as needed.

It shouldn't cost more than $300 if you get this stuff from the junkyard, and do the work yourself.

:)

Dfete1 said:
Well I guess the verdict is in. Everything sucks if it doesn't cost at least a grand.

I disagree, I paid about 600 for my RE 3.5" superflex, and its a great kit.

RE3.5 Coils, RE1600 Track Bar, S10 Bastard Pack, JKS Quicker Discos should be around $300. Could get by without the track bar and the JKS Quicker Discos for a cheaper lift.

What about brake line ext. tc drop,shocks,control arms. Won't I need quite a bit xtra stuff for 3.5"? I'm dying for a lift and not very good at saving money.

Dfete1 said:
What about brake line ext. tc drop,shocks,control arms. Won't I need quite a bit xtra stuff for 3.5"? I'm dying for a lift and not very good at saving money.

I'm at 4" and don't have an issue with my brake lines, the only time there is any additional stress on them is when the shock is disconected from the axle in the front. A little careful bending and moving the mount down to the next hole and no more issues.

Oh yeah build your own kit, check out the write up on Rock Lizard Fabrications site very nice and detailed.

Go to Napa or parts store and get some brake lines for a 95 jeep wrangler. Engine size and trans doesn't matter.

Those are good for up to about 4" of lift.

I went the Rusty's 3" AAL kit and after about 1yr it settled to about 2.25". That's the coils and the AAL. Save your cash and get the RE kit.

Dfete1 said:

im at a 5inch lift in my 94 and dont have a tc drop and no sye and ive only dropped my rear drive shaft once, if you get some yj brake lines and put them on that will give you an extra 4inches of brake line and if you decide to go with a kit rather than make a lift kit yourself then it should come with new LCA's

I just shopped the classifieds and came across a 3.5" Superflex for $400. I offered the guy $300 and he took it. When I got it I was delited to find out it came with shocks and a trackbar!!! So just do some searching and keep checking the for sale section and such. There are plenty of ways to do a budget tlift and they are diagramed quite well on NAXJA so do some searching and reading.

Back