• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibration and squeak.

sollitt

NAXJA Forum User
Hey fellas

Once in a while when I fire my engine I get a kind of a grindy, squeaky noise coming from the engine and it vibrates more than usual. After I turn off the engine it keeps sqeaking and grinding for a couple of seconds. It happens when it is just idling, but only a few times. I think it has happened about 3 times in the last month? And its not just when Im offroading, because it happened at a gas pump a while ago. It seems to be also happening when the engine is warm, in other words, Ive been driving it before hand, turn off the engine and when I turn it back on it happens. I have always turned off the engine before I check my guages or look under the hood, because it makes me cringe, I think it might be doing some damage. I got a 2000 2dr sport, standard with a 4.0. Any suggestions on what it could be?

Mine was doing that and it was coming from my distributor. I pulled the cap and my rotor was toasted. Replaced cap and rotor and it was fine.

Dfete1 Mine was doing that and it was coming from my distributor. I pulled the cap and my rotor was toasted. Replaced cap and rotor and it was fine.
How loud was it for you? Mine is pretty loud, I had some friends were wheeling with me and they were about 100 ft away and they heard it, one of them thought it was some kind of excavator in the backround.:anon:

Back