• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Allow me to rant!

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
Today's rant is brought to you by the incompetent twits occupying job titles all over America.

So here's the scoop. This morning I woke up absolutely STOKED. You see, today is the day the rear bumper I made comes back from powdercoating and I get to slap it on the Jeep.

Or so I thought...

The original order and label on it noted to send it to our BK08 Satin black coating. So the first moron cut the label off the bumper, didn't read it, and tossed it aside. The next moron didn't see a label, and took it upon theirselves to take the action of assuming that since its a bumper, we wanted it coated in BK02 gloss like all Warrior bumpers, instead of calling us and asking what the coating was supposed to be.

So now, I get to wait another week to receive my bumper. To top things off, they're denying that there was any label on it (the label was large and shrink wrapped onto the bumper) so now when they coat it a second time, it is at my expense.

That's the end of my rant. Listen to SBK Radio! :twak:

I'll throw a rant in here.

Doing 1.25" lift shackles and 31" All-Terrain's on a customers YJ. Ordered shackles and tires so they were all supposed to be here yesterday and the rig was dropped off today. Open up the box, only a front pair of shackles. Called my sales rep and he says no big deal, the warehouse got backordered but the rear pair were being drop shipped from a Sacramento store and I'll still have them this AM. SO, UPS shows up as promised, I open up the box and there is ONE shackle inside. What kind of douche-nozzle sees an invoice for a pair of leaf spring shackles and ships ONE????? Now I get to wait until tomorrow for the rest of the parts.

J

The one shackle or part thing happens alot. 4WheelParts is notorious for stealing crap outta Warrior packaging. The other day I had a guy call us because he received a set of perches from 4WP. He got a single perch in a cardboard box. Funny thing is, our perches are shrink wrapped onto a cardboard backing (like the kind you hang on a pegboard) before they leave the warehouse, they are not boxed.

Since it is rant day, I'll add mine. I took my rig to Sam's Club to get them to balance the 35" BFG TA/KO's. They say come back in an hour. When I get back, they have done nothing. They say the lug nuts were too tight and would not remove them. I walked out to the rig and looked at the lug nuts they marked. They were all on one tire, so I as them why they didn't at least do the other three tires and they just looked at me with a blank stare. To prove to them that the lugs were not too tight, I got out my lug wrench and gave it to my wife and had here loosen them in front of them. All they would say was that they were closing and I would have to come back another time.

They were just too damn lazy to remove the wheels and do the balance.

Sweet! A rant sticky!

ranton.gif

Ill throw one in... Why do people have to rant online? I mean come on, cant you get your anger out by hitting the wall, kicking the cat, or throwing a wrench at the wife? Get a life you loosers.... Why waste all this time typing a response out, when you can go home and yell at the kids instead? Just goes to show people are insecure with themselves, to look like a total fagbag online... Quit yer bitchin, and grow up. I hate ranters!

rantoff.gif

:D :D

Ive had a good day, so far.

Ok I've got a rant. I'm a surveyor and thus use a survey instrument. Well the instrument that I use costs $50k (roughly). We have been having one problem after another with this damn thing. So we update the software on the data collector today and low and behold our main issue goes away (it wouldn't update the dimensions to the point in construction layout mode if you moved the rod). So myself and my crew cheif are happy as can be that we can actually do our job in a decent amount of pace. Now for some reason beyond our understanding over the course of the day it slowly went back to what it was doing before (not updating while moving) until at the end of the day it damn near wouldn't function at all. My employer pays $50,000! for this thing and it cant manage to accomplish the shear reason for its design.

Tom

Ok, so I have been driving back and forth to Kirkland all week for training classes. I dont know how all you people who live in the greater seattle area, or comute there daily deal with the traffic down there. if I had to do it for more than 1 week at a time I'd be doing my best impersonation of this guy.
image021.jpg

CanMan said:
Sweet! A rant sticky!

ranton.gif

Ill throw one in... Why do people have to rant online? I mean come on, cant you get your anger out by hitting the wall, kicking the cat, or throwing a wrench at the wife? Get a life you loosers.... Why waste all this time typing a response out, when you can go home and yell at the kids instead? Just goes to show people are insecure with themselves, to look like a total fagbag online... Quit yer bitchin, and grow up. I hate ranters!

rantoff.gif

:D :D

Ive had a good day, so far.

You smell like poo. :pirate1: jk

I actually have to reduce my rant. Turns out they only thought they glossed it, but powdercoated it correctly. They have to make a trip out tomorrow, so I get it then.

$16 to powdercoat a rear bumper, woo.

I should of added a few of these. :rattle: :rattle:

:D

And Ryan, Ive had Jury Duty the last 4 days in Seattle. Coming from Auburn, on the best day, it still took me an hour in the morning, and 1.25 hrs in the evening. The worst morning it took me 1.5 hours to get there, and 1.75 hrs to get home.

I would shoot myself if I would have to do that all day long... Traffic sucks! Cant they make the roads/freeways better?

Damn, another rant... :D

Blkxjkrawler said:
Ok, so I have been driving back and forth to Kirkland all week for training classes. I dont know how all you people who live in the greater seattle area, or comute there daily deal with the traffic down there. if I had to do it for more than 1 week at a time I'd be doing my best impersonation of this guy.
image021.jpg

I make the 520 crawl more interesting by driving in 4-low in traffic and trying not to catch the BMW in front of me, or by smoking wheel bearings. Nothing like some burnt grease smoke to mellow you out!

If I had better insurance and some rocker protection I would give Honda crawling a try too. I hear it's the new hotness. :cool:

Friday the Transmission in my wifes 98 Ram goes out. So we get it taken to the dealer (Robert Larson) that night. We purchased the extended warranty for it when we bought it in 05. The service shop was supposed to contact us Sat morning to give us a heads up on it. Sat comes n goes no call, same with Sun and Mon. (I am calling them daily) I call them Tues morning and finally get to talk to the service dept. He says yep tranny is done gonna cost you 3500 for a new one. I say bull it's under warranty. so he says he has to go look into it and will call back in 30 min. 6 hours later he still hasn't called. So I call him back. "yeah we found your warranty info , but we have to contact HQ to see if we can replace it" Uhh WTF. At this point I make it clear that 1. I have a valid power train warranty I paid extra for. 2. if he doesn't replace it I will call my commander and have them blacklisted. (doubt it would happen but a great scare tactic) He says he'll call back in 30 mins. 5 min later I get a call , they are going to give me a brand new tranny. Cool. They send me to rental place to get a car at dealer expense. Cool. What do they provide me with??? A Kia Rio. HOly Hell WTF is this even a car? You understand I am 6-4 230lbs right? Can I take out the driver seat and drive from the back? So now I am driving a POS , because the wife refused to drive it and tooK my XJ to school. The Tranny is supposed to be in tomorrow. Gawd I hope so. I want my Jeep back.

No rants for me today, except I'm sick. :twak:

I stickied this for rants and sympathy replies. :D So long as nobody harps on anyone else I'll leave it here.

Stress relief = good :helpme:

Back