• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar opinion...RE vs TNT

jacked

NAXJA Forum User
Im trying to decide on wich track bar to use on my 90 2dr xj. Ive been looking at the RE1660 and the TNT 5-7" bar. I will be lifted around 6-6.5", i really like the TNT bar and its rated for up to 7", but they dont have any track bar braces available for it. the RE is only rated up to 6", but they have a brace for it. so basicly i want the tnt bar, but i want to be able to install a brace with it. what do you think? or if anyone has any other good track bar choices please chime in! unless other braces will work on different TB brackets, say the RE brace with the tnt bar.

I run the TNT set up.
No issues so far.

I personally don't feel that a TB brace is necessary for me and what I usually wheel.

What's the general concensus of some of the "oldtimers" here concerning the use of a TB brace.

Hale

Sorry, Kind of a hijack, but still on topic......sorta.

It needs to be the RE HD tracbar w/ mount vs TNT, but both are great. I have 18k miles on my hd RE tracbar with no issues at all.

I just ordered a TnT bar a few days ago and the sizing has changed a little from what is posted on their website. Im getting one for a 4-6 inch lift when I requested a 3-5. Not sure what changed and I was told you can stretch their recomendations. For what it's worth. Can you just get the trac bar brace from RE and use the TnT trac bar and mount? When mine comes in I am going to see if I cant just make one out of an old sway bar. It looks to have just the right bend to clear the oil pan. I really have no idea if this brace will help an XJ but some CJ's came with a frame brace between the motor mounts similar to the RE trac bar brace and it made a huge difference in the front end stiffness and handling.

Back