• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front End Noise

TheMessenJah

NAXJA Forum User
95 4.0L trxus 32x10.5 RE 3.5

Im getting some front end noise, kind of like a whining/road/tire noise, increases with speed, doesnt go away above 50 or anything, it just gets louder. It started all of a sudden, it wasnt like a gradual thing. Its also kind of hard to pinpoint where the noise is coming from.

I replaced both front bearings, took the diff case off, didn't see any chipped teeth, replaced the oil (there was oil in there), all to no avail. I got an alignment, balanced the tires, still no luck.

I tried searching, found some info but no real answers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot guys.

did you rotate the tires? it could also be a front pinion bearing or u-joints in the front end, either drive shaft or axle joints........pull the front DS and drive it w/o it and see if the noise goes away.

XJ&TJ4ME said:
did you rotate the tires? it could also be a front pinion bearing or u-joints in the front end, either drive shaft or axle joints........pull the front DS and drive it w/o it and see if the noise goes away.

x2

Sounds like it could be a bad tire? Rotate them that would be the easist way to go about it.

Back