• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quarter panel sliders

thobson

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to fab a quarter panel protection in the form of a slider, something simliar to an average rock slider. I would most likely cut the sheet metal just below the rear light bevel up to the rear wheel well. I have searched and can not find anything like this, can someone point me in the right direction to find any info on this or is their a design or other reason why this has not been done yet that I should know of?:helpme:

Do u mean something like this?

DSC02019.jpg

DSC02016.jpg

DSC02027.jpg

JeepWheelin011.jpg

im still workin on mine, but I have come to a stand still on how to mount my tire carrier? Becasue my bumper is to short to mount on top. My hatch wouldnt open. Hey Eric, U think those peices of square tube are strong enough to hold a rear tire carrier for a 33? The tubing I used was .120 wall 1 1/2 width. :dunno:

smokeeaterXJ said:
Hey Eric, U think those peices of square tube are strong enough to hold a rear tire carrier for a 33? The tubing I used was .120 wall 1 1/2 width. :dunno:
If its designed right yes, but I think I'd go with 2". My AEV carrier is .120 and so is the C4X4. In fact right now I am modifying a friends C4X4 carrier... cutting the brackets off to move the tire mount up 6".

yup thats where I got mine but if ya need some close ups ill go shoot some just say so. Cause u could fab then up pretty easy if ya wanted to all ya need is some jack nuts to attach them. :yelclap:

Not to hijak this thread but heres where I located my lights
Livingston2005031.jpg

right in front of the A piller and never have had a problem with hitting them on anything or a chance of them getting ripped off.

Back