• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering kit opinions

shortxjdoug

NAXJA Forum User
ok after my stock tierod turned to spaghetti i am looking to upgrade. looking at the rockkrawler otk setup, the jcr full 1 ton upgrade, or building my own.

to those who own either of the kits how have they held up and what if any are your complaints? also i don't get a lot of info on their websites about the actual materials (ie tubing, wall thickness etc) in the kits. the reason i ask is i have a friend who works at a shop and can get chromoly tube that i could just make my own setup with, but if these kits will hold up just as well than i may go that route.

I have a the Currie HD steering setup on my 99 XJ with 35s. Couldn't be happier. The major flaws are outlined on about every install instruction site (mainly the zerk grease fitting on the tie rod to draglink connection gets broken off, no biggie).

Back