• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's track bar mount upgrade?

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I designed my front steering based on a Rusty's track bar mount that was given to me. Does anybody make one that is more robust and that does not move around when bolted to the frame?

I'll bite,
first mistake was to base any build around a Rusty's product.
now what happens? should I expect a killer virus to pop up here in the near future?

I'm just going to weld a couple of gussets to the mount and a verticle spine to keep it from flexing. I also found out that part of the problem is that all the mounting holes in the bracket are oversize and the only thing holding it in one specific place is the friction caused by bolting it together. I guess if it were to rust in place, it would be OK :gag:

I'm going to weld some plate over the holes and redrill them to the right size, then mount the bracket and then tack weld it in place.

What a pain in the ass.

old_man said:
I designed my front steering based on a Rusty's track bar mount that was given to me. Does anybody make one that is more robust and that does not move around when bolted to the frame?

Tom, RE's has held together well for me.

Rusty's....well.....

Bones :skull1:

Kevins Offroad has a good setup that's done me good for 3 years. (Pic from Kevins Website)

trackbar4.jpg

Back