• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with 231 t/c

rovert

NAXJA Forum User
I'm new here and just seeking some help. I just replaced the chain in my transfer case and reassembled it. Everything sounds fine, however, 2Hi and 4Lo sound the same, 4Hi seems to engage. Does anyone how where I went wrong or how I can fix 4Lo so it doesn't stay in 2Hi.
Thanks

when you say that 2hi and 4lo sound the same what do you meen? does it act like 4lo is working like it should? I had to adjust linkage to get mine to work after I replaced the chain in my t-case. I also replaced the shift lever(s) so that might be something to concider

upon the 3rd attempt to pull it apart I have checked the linkage and it's shifting correctly, I have lined up the teeth correctly on the sync sleeve (sun shape that goes over the gears) and so it slides all together. I'll keep you updated. Thanks
T-Rev

Anyone have any more advice for this guy? I was trying to help him with it but we couldn't come up with anything. It originally shifted into 4lo but wasn't really going into 4lo. It was acting as if it was still in 4hi. His new problem is it won't even shift into 4lo. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks.

Chris

is any of your linkage bent? grommets in good condition? are you moving while you shift? any noises? any vibrations? do you have the right linkage(manual and auto are difernt)? have you checked to see if your chain and sprockets are ok? is it bolted up secure to the tranny?

Back