• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spline Count of a 2000 XJ NP231?

92westshady

NAXJA Forum User
Could someone tell me for sure what the spline count of a NP231 T-case from a 2000 XJ would be? Was there more than one spline count for this year?

I am considering swapping a 242 in and it would be very helpful to know this info without having to drop my T-case and manually count.

Thanks,
Steve

The debate is out all over this forum about which is better. In reality the 231 maybe be a bit stronger and better for off-roading but my XJ is 98% on road daily driver so in my reality it would very nice to have full time 4WD.

Not really looking for a debate, just the spline of 2000XJ NP231?
There may be a couple but if you have a 2000XJ and know the splne count of your 231 T-case, please indulge me with your number.

Thanks!

92westshady said:
Not really looking for a debate, just the spline of 2000XJ NP231?
There may be a couple but if you have a 2000XJ and know the splne count of your 231 T-case, please indulge me with your number.

Thanks!
i told you. your welcome. :)
RyanM said:
23, keep the 231.

RyanM - Ahh you did tell me. Sorry, got a little over zealous there and looked right past the info I need in my attempt to thwart a topic diversion. 23 it is. THANKS!

As for short and long style input shaft, is that related to model year, transmission type or just a random crap shoot based what Jeep decided to install at the moment?

92westshady said:
RyanM - Ahh you did tell me. Sorry, got a little over zealous there and looked right past the info I need in my attempt to thwart a topic diversion. 23 it is. THANKS!

As for short and long style input shaft, is that related to model year, transmission type or just a random crap shoot based what Jeep decided to install at the moment?
transmission type.

Back