• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tom-Tom for offroad??

I use a Garmin eTrex Venture CX (click here) when I go, it doesnt show you every off road trail but it at least shows you where you are (altitude, heading, etc) and where you've been (most important to me - now I know how to get home and not get lost). I have it pre-loaded with US Topo, and Lakes and Fishing Hotspots West maps from Garmin, as well as City Navigator so I can use it when I get lost driving around town as a navigation unit (gives turn-by-turn directions). Its handheld, battery opperated (2 AA) and I have it mounted right to my dash powered by the optional ciggy lighter adapter.

I used to use a Garmin eTrex Legend, but recently upgraded....on a side note, I still have it for sale if your interested. (http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=907853)

- Joe

(edit, i posted the wrong link to Garmin, its THIS ONE for the Venture CX

TrackerT,
I am the one. Going to pick it up on Saturday.

Thanks,
Paul

TackerT said:
Hey Paul are ,you buying Billys jeep Im trying to figure out if this guys bull s's me let me know thanks.

Check out the Garmin 60csx model. Larger screen, easy to use.

Going to JV this weekend?

I'll try to get one out there this weekend.

karstic said:

I haven't bought one yet but base on all my research, this is the model that seems to be one of the tops. Large screen (which is not what is my dad's eTrex color has), great reception, even in tree overgrown areas. Can add micro SD card for more maps, memory and such. It's the one I am buying this year. YMMV

karstic said:

Going to JV this weekend?

I'll try to get one out there this weekend.

Are you borrowing one? You weren't using one last weekend.

The Garmin Map60csx is an excellent choice in GPSrs.

Back