• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinion on AGR Pump

ADVNTURR

I worry when rattles stop
The power steering pump on my 91 4.0l is on it's way out and I am planning on replacing it. I am thinking of upgrading to one of the AGR pumps and I was just curious if anyone has any opinions on them or has any other recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

AGR had some quality problems, but that was a number of years ago. I thought recently they have been pretty good.

I have an AGR pump on the XJ and it has worked flawlessly for many years and the rig has always steered well. I have a PSC pump on the buggy and I'm having problems, but it's too soon to know if it's a problem with the pump. Cracker had numerous problems with PSC pumps, though they worked with him and made it right.

For cost of of a new stock pump, it's a no brainer to spring for a higher performance pump, and you wouldn't regret having one. Toss a coin as far as who you get one from, none are without the occasional problem and they will all stand behind the product.

I have heard the AGR RockRam is decent. I know one thing, it's a very easy installation. That's about the limit of my experience with AGR on a Jeep. I've used their stuff before on other vehicles and they worked better than the OEM stuff. FWIW.

Back