• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a seat question SORTA

PolishX

NAXJA Forum User
OK we all know 93-04 grand seats fit in an XJ .. BUT who else makes seats that fit ? I have been looking through catalogs and lots of TJ , CJ , YJ seats that are affordable etc . but none for the XJ ... what gives any suggestions

Any Corbeau seats will fit with an adapter bracket they sell. Sort of. My adapters' bolt holes were off a little bit which required some grinding with a dremel, but at least no welding was involved. Other than that concern, the quality is fair for the price (read: not as durable as OEM), and customer service was excellent. Ordered them through PORC, who came through with a better price than I was able to find on the web. Long term durability may be a concern (I have the "sport seat" which is their cheapest model), but right now I'm quite satisfied. Lose about an inch of headroom and an inch of legroom with the setup. It's amazing how much the seat has to do with the perception of how the jeep handles.

I am in the process of installing new seats. I wanted a more "performance" style seat, versus the Corbea Baja or Mastercraft, plus I didn't want to spend a fortune on them. I looked at a ton of tuner seats, and ended up getting a set from Checkers for about $250. They are exactly what I wanted (faux leather, the style, size, etc).

The tricky part has been getting them in. I'm making my own custom brackets using the generic sliders that came with the seat. It took me a bit to figure it out, and it was a tight fit, but the passenger side worked out great (working on the driver's side now)

The point being, find a seat that you like, and make it fit!

lilredwagn said:
Any Corbeau seats will fit with an adapter bracket they sell. Sort of. My adapters' bolt holes were off a little bit which required some grinding with a dremel, but at least no welding was involved. Other than that concern, the quality is fair for the price (read: not as durable as OEM), and customer service was excellent. Ordered them through PORC, who came through with a better price than I was able to find on the web. Long term durability may be a concern (I have the "sport seat" which is their cheapest model), but right now I'm quite satisfied. Lose about an inch of headroom and an inch of legroom with the setup. It's amazing how much the seat has to do with the perception of how the jeep handles.

what is PORC?

I snatched a set from a late 90's RX-7. Talk about WOW factor! And not bad bad for $50 for the pair.

Back