• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Solid Axle spy photos!!! New D44 parts!

RalphXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was up at Solid Axle this weekend helping a freind out, and I saw some cool new stuff, so I took some pictures!

Not sure of all the details, but it looks like they were getting ready for a show, Sema Offroad, or maybe EJS?

Looks like Solid is going to start making D44 parts!! Spindles, Hubs, Drive Flange Kit, Inner & Outer knuckles, and high steer arms! They didn't have any of their outter knuckles or high steer arms that I could see, but I'm told they are coming (I will have a pair as soon as they are ready)!!

Here are some pictures:

solid2.jpg

solid3.jpg

solid4.jpg

solid5.jpg

solid1.jpg

Markos said:
Now all they have to do is send me my D30 'Rock Crusher' diff cover... :firedevil

I'm guessing you ordered it from Mad4wd? They are completely diffrent companys! If you ordered from Mad4wd you may never see a cover, everyone I know who ordered them, cancled!

If you want a cover, cancel with Mad4wd, and order one from one of the many companys that carry Solid stuff(4wd.com, Northridge, a few others) or call Solid directly!

I just checked out system here at 4wheel drive hardware, and we have 4 in stock!

Or call Solid and ask them who has them in stock!
http://www.solidaxle.com/tek9.asp?pg=contact

So are you saying that they have (or had) nothing to do with one another? I would disagree. Who was that australian gentleman that I talked to when I called Mad4wd last time?

Mad4wd and Rock Crusher (now Solid Axle) split and become 2 completely diffrent companys over a year ago.

Mad4wd kept selling the covers because they had a contact from the australian comany that made the covers (they no long do).

Mad4wd and Solid Axle are 2 completely diffrent companys!

The australian gentleman you talked too (whos name I can't remeber) was a partner in the original Rock Crusher in Austraila, he has since lost his partnership with them and has moved to Ohio to work with Larry at Mad4wd.

Markos said:
So are you saying that they have (or had) nothing to do with one another? I would disagree. Who was that australian gentleman that I talked to when I called Mad4wd last time?
I usually refrain from talking down about companies, but...
Believe him, Mad4wd has gotten a lot of bad press over this for a reason. Mad4wd/Rockcrusher have NOTHING to do with Solid Axle.
After what I went through with Mad4wd to get my D44 cover, I tell you I'll be selling it because I just don't want that name displayed anywhere on my rig.
I'd rather spend the money with a company that takes the time to help out and explain their products to a customer than one who deceives them.

I called Solid Axle a few weeks ago inquiring about some D60 parts, I spent over 30min on the phone with them and had a very nice conversion about which parts would be best for my application.

Solid Axle = Stand-up company
Mad4wd/Rockcrusher = Not so stand up.

I sell solid axle accesssories including axles. Solid Axle is no part of
Mad4wd. Call and see for yourself.

Ya the guys at Solid are great guys!!

The only down side is every time I'm up there, I REALLY want a set of their 60s!! When I was up there getting those pictures, they were working on a set of front and rear steer 60s for an XRRA buggy and they were awsome!

Had those 44 wheel hubs & slugs been available 6 months ago I never would have started down the 60 path.
These parts offer huge upgrade potential to 44's.

Paul

Back