• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aftermarket bushings

bigdaddyjlove

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,
I did a couple of searches with no luck. Does anyone know where to get poly-graphite bushings for an xj? I would love to go with urethane, but this particular cherokee will be going to a teenage girl who will not want a squeaky car.

Any help is appreciated

Polyurethane bushings for what part?

If you're talking control arms, just stay factory rubber. Clevite/Moog K3131 is the part # for lower control arms, not sure on the uppers. Graphite or not, poly sucks in parts with alot of movement. I'll run poly in my shock bushings that pretty much just pivot on the bushing, but that's about it.

Stick with rubber. Much quieter and more pliable ride. Most ladies don't like rough riding vehicles and rubber doesn't wear out that quickly. Ultimately, nothing is going to last forever anyway.

If you are replacing the control are bushings use the Moog problem solver version. They are a stiffer durometer than stock ones, but don't have the noise issues of poly ones.

TNT said:
If you are replacing the control are bushings use the Moog problem solver version. They are a stiffer durometer than stock ones, but don't have the noise issues of poly ones.

Thanks this sounds about like what I am looking for.

yeah those are a good option, but the wallet was a little thin when I last bought bushings, and the k3131 (standard) versus the K3164??? (problem solver) was like over twice as much. I paid $23 for a pair of K3131 standards, they wanted i think $64 and some change for the upgraded ones.

They do cost more but they are worth it. The extra expense is because of the R&D done in the redesigning them. After buying them I will never buy stock or poly bushings again. I think they also make a problem solver bushing fo the trackbar.

Back