• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift is on!! (pics)

DrSockMonkey

NAXJA Forum User
Well after 2 weeks of here and there the lift is on.:D :D :D I did the rear this weekend. Overall I would say I have <10 hours into it. Which is good because I am pooped! Thanks to NAXJA :thumbup: and all the tech info, since the included instructions were pretty poor.(n) I am thrilled to say I didn't rip out one welded nut!:roll: I know I am VERY fortunate. Lots of BlasterHasta and techniques:lecture: learned here. The lift is a Rusty's 3" with full spring packs. I added 2" coil spacers to the front since this kit is notorious for more like 4.5 to 5" in the back. This will settle and when it does I will add a shackle. Here is a before pic and an after pic.
Before:
2nk5pqh.jpg

After
2e2ggnk.jpg

That is my four year old boy standing proudly in front of his "monster truck" as he calls it. He is in seventh heaven and so am I!:clap: Well ok, one down side was finding that my 97 does not have the chrysler 8.25??? but rather a Dana 35c.:mad: What is that about? kinda dissapointing but not to big of a deal. Even more so considering I stated I had a 8.25 when I ordered the lift. I guess the Dana 44's will come sooner than I thought. Damn this is an expensive and addicting sport.:eek: And I haven't even wheeled my own rig yet! Next on the list is an SYE since I won't be driving much anywhere without it. And recovery points so I can get out of what I get into. Also a little roof adjusting so I can put in a new winshield and cargo window. Overall, prior to driving I am very satisfied with the rusty's lift. Although I understand they are pretty stiff till broken in. This was my first lift and it was very do-able with prior planning and research. No rain would have been nice though. Thanks to Avanteone for the swinging tire and wheel deal and thanks to Ben, Matt and Joe for the ride along that got me convinced that XJ's Kick mucho A$$!!! Thanks for looking.

Jeremy

Edit: Hi, my name is Jeremy and I am an emoticonaholic

Looks good man- It looks like it sits as high or higher than my re 4.5sf kit.
I guess you cant go wrong w/ rustys! Time to go WHEELIN!
bumper end caps and fender flairs will have to go and then the trimming starts!
What size tires..32's I imagine:dunno:

Last edited:
Thanks! 31" actually.

milosfreedom said:
Looks good man- It looks like it sits as high or higher than my re 4.5sf kit.
I guess you cant go wrong w/ rustys! Time to go WHEELIN!
bumper end caps and fender flairs will have to go and then the trimming starts!
What size tires..32's I imagine:dunno:

You still should have come out with us last night. I had seats open.

Ya dude, looks great!! Would have been fun to have you, but oh well next time.

I'm actually thinking of replacing my Rear Springs again (as I just bought brand new stock ones) and get some of the ones like yours, then getting rid of the 3" blocks.

Hurry up and finish that window so all 3 of us can go up there, and hopefully not in the rain. It was very soupy mud :)

More work done today! Got the bumper I got from Spaz on today. Got my jack and tire mounted, Funny, though I could of swore he said it would fit no problems. hmmm... Turns out the 97+ tailgates are wider than pre 97.:doh: Well let's just say after bolting it up I wasn't taking it off! A little cutting and presto it fits! You may also notice I upgraded the Duct tape and plastic cargo window with an actuall window. Also got the driverside tail light installed. New windshield gets installed tomorrow. You may notice the roof is a little better.
3yi2vz8.jpg

Jeremy

Jeremy

I forgot I had a log on for Naxja. It has been a while for me on this site. Anyway got your email and yes I agree with the others great progress in such a short time. Looks good. What SYE are you planning on? I am guessing you have a 242 TC. There are several options for them including hack and tap types. Tom Woods has a deal that includes a drive shaft. You should be ok with the D35 and 31s for a little while. That way you can keep an eye out for an 8.8 or a D44.

Anyway I get my WJ back this Saturday. Everything is going well with the Long Arms. I cant wait to get it back.

Keith S

Hey Keith! For those of you who don't know Mtn WJ, he is the gentleman who during a business meeting I had a side converstaion about 4Wheeling. He got me pointed in the direction of Naxja and the XJ. As you may have guessed he wheels a WJ, but we shouldn't hold that against him he's still a wheeling elder of mighty power.:worship: Elder in the experience sense not Mormon or age :) As far as an SYE goes, I am going to get a PORC HD SYE and then run a front drive shaft in the back. Though I will have to re-check my research. Since discovering I have a D35 it may be a different story. It's actually a NP231. I just read a thread named "BEST and WORST" and I learned a lot. I think I will do a locker in the rear maybe one in the front but that's it for now axle wise. I will save my pennies for a pair of D44's :) or maybe D60's? Nah D44's would probably be just fine. Well send me pics when you get em. Thanks for poppin by!

Jeremy

Mtn WJ said:
Jeremy

I forgot I had a log on for Naxja. It has been a while for me on this site. Anyway got your email and yes I agree with the others great progress in such a short time. Looks good. What SYE are you planning on? I am guessing you have a 242 TC. There are several options for them including hack and tap types. Tom Woods has a deal that includes a drive shaft. You should be ok with the D35 and 31s for a little while. That way you can keep an eye out for an 8.8 or a D44.

Anyway I get my WJ back this Saturday. Everything is going well with the Long Arms. I cant wait to get it back.

Keith S

Hey Jermey I really need your stock rear bumper supports. Can I have them?

I"ll need them for this run on saturday if I go, and i'll aslo need them to build my rear bumper. Just need the support mounts

You need mine? That's because mine are magical huh? Well, this bumper is not the best fit for me and I am planning on building a new bumper in the future. So I will need some brackets. However I do not need them right now. I will let you have em if you can find me another pair later on. Let me know if that works for you.

Edit: Hey! You also best say some nice stuff about my Junk. Damn, nobody bothers with the flattery anymore.

Spaz said:
Hey Jermey I really need your stock rear bumper supports. Can I have them?

I"ll need them for this run on saturday if I go, and i'll aslo need them to build my rear bumper. Just need the support mounts

Last edited:
DrSockMonkey said:
You also best say some nice stuff about my Junk.

Whoa I don't think anybody needs to be talking about your "JunK" leave that talk elsewhere:roflmao:

DrSockMonkey said:
I am going to get a PORC HD SYE and then run a front drive shaft in the back. Though I will have to re-check my research. Since discovering I have a D35 it may be a different story. It's actually a NP231.
Jeremy

Jeremy,
You will have great difficulty finding any research on a Auto/NP231 SYE useing the front driveshaft in conjunction with a d35.

I am the only person I am aware of (I am sure there are a couple of others, but that I can find) that are running that exact set up. I have a D35 rear with a Auto/231, PORC HD SYE, and front driveshaft. It has worked fine for me both on and off road. The front shaft is a little shorter than I would like but it has never come apart on me. I have run it at both 4.5 and 6" of lift with no problems. You shouldn't have any issues at 3-4.5".

Michael

Thanks! this is good to hear. I would sure like to be able to use the same driveline front and back. Not to mention less spares to carry.
Thanks again,
Jeremy
2xtreme said:
Jeremy,
You will have great difficulty finding any research on a Auto/NP231 SYE useing the front driveshaft in conjunction with a d35.

I am the only person I am aware of (I am sure there are a couple of others, but that I can find) that are running that exact set up. I have a D35 rear with a Auto/231, PORC HD SYE, and front driveshaft. It has worked fine for me both on and off road. The front shaft is a little shorter than I would like but it has never come apart on me. I have run it at both 4.5 and 6" of lift with no problems. You shouldn't have any issues at 3-4.5".

Michael

Back