• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Distributor Ignition Pickup - question

pszczepan

NAXJA Forum User
Hi !

I have Jeep Cherokee 1989 - 4.0 l limited.
I replaced Distributor Ignition Pickup, but I took it from Jeep Cherokee 1992 4.0 l limited.
Thats true that the wire connector is different but I guessed that the sensor is the same ( I mean electrical specs) , but now after instalation I am not sure.

In my manual there is writen that between blue and gray wire (when ignition is ON) I should have aprox 5.0 V.
When I connect Distributor Ignition Pickup from Jeep 1992 I have only aprox 2 V.

Could you conform that the sensors are different or my problem is not in sensor.

Thanks
PAwel

Not sure, but I think they had changes in 1991. Pre 91 (or 90?) is Renix, and after Renix was OBD-1. The computers are different and I think the distributor pick up is different too. Not positive.

Check one or two online parts stores and see if the rebuilt distributor, or pick up (if listed) for 89 and 91 have the same part number!

91 was the first year of the the obd-1 i know i have one and it can get a little funky getting the right parts since it is in the transition year............

Back