• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaking fuel..

erniesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Okay so i do a manifold gasket on my 88 xj and i was also guna do o-ring seals to..but when i got home it looks like diffrent sizes from the side that goes to the motor and the said goes to the fuel rail..because they will not fit on or am i not putting them on right need help asap..thanks alot brady

Soak the new O rings in gas and be gentle.

I dealt with this about 2 months ago. I replaced all the o rings...still leaked.
i took it all apart, found that i tore an o ring at the Fuel pressure regulator, replaced it....still leaking fuel. turnds out i had an injector that was leaking around where the aluminum and the plastic meet. i replaced it for around 45-50 bucks. solved the problem!!!!! i have recently found that i have 2 more but now that i know what to look for its really easy to spot. hope this helps
!!!1

The 2 o-rings are different.

The ones that go from injector to fuel rail aren't round, they're more like a cylinder type o-ring, and have a flat edge.

The o-rings that mate the injector to the intake manifold are just round doughnut style rings.

If you go to Napa, you can buy an entire set, and the rail to injector rings are black, the injector to intake rings are brown.

Hope this helps.

Back