• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrangler fenders on a cherokee

miketyson

NAXJA Forum User
I'm not sure where exactly i saw the picture but there are a couple on ths site. Some people have managed to fit wrangler fender flares (TJ i think) on the xj.. i am wondering how this is done b/c i like the way it looks. Is it just the front fender flares you swap & how/hard complicated is the job?

will try to find the pics but i'm sure atleast a couple people here no waht i mean

I'm doing the same, it shouldn't be too hard, just bolt them on through the stock fenderwells after some trimming. Only issue I had was finding a good set of fender flares for a resonable price, as most TJ/YJ's are not readable available out here in the NW at junk yards. The rears are also from TJ's

do a search in the picture forum for TJ flares, or similar wording. it has been covered a lot on here. also check ebay for the flares. i did it my self last summer just took a couple hours between trimming the fenders and bolting the flares on.

1. Cut fenders
2. Trim flares, there is a lip on the back that needs to come off.
3. Trim flares more to math the contours in the back.
4. Mount with your choice of fastenser.

Rev
rjWF.jpg

how much trimming of the actual fender do you need to do, and where do you do it (Front&back). also to me the back fender looks more or less the same, are the wrangler ones just wider?

and you say mount with your choice of hardware, the fender clips dont work anymore right? do you use rivets?

all the pics you guys have of this would be appreciated

Trim a lot. All over. Fold the pinch seam, don't cut it off. I mounted mine with quarter inch bolts...

Search and ye shall find...

Robert

I know a lot of people who have mounted them with zip tie/ny-ties so if you rub a tree it will just tear them and not pull out the hardware making bigger holes or tearing the flair.

Also, FWIW and IMO I like the look of running 4 rear fender flairs.

I_1BADXJ_I said:
Trim a lot. All over. Fold the pinch seam, don't cut it off. I mounted mine with quarter inch bolts...

Search and ye shall find...

Robert

searched alot and found nothing.... anyone have any pics of this? close up or far away front side or anything?

Go to the FAQ - 53guy wrote a hellagood post on this and documented it thoroughly with pics...his focus was on retaining the stock flares but the principle is the same.

miketyson said:
searched alot and found nothing.... anyone have any pics of this? close up or far away front side or anything?

riverfever said:
A search for "TJ flare install" brought up this on the first page.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=102568&highlight=tj+flare+install

-river

... and the seventh post in THAT thread lists a half dozen others ...

Really, I'm not just being a dick. There's just SO much information already on this site that there's no way we can summarize it for you. The search works really well if you use it. The only drag is sifting through 25 guys all asking the same question over and over, and people telling em to search, cause they've already seen it answered 25 times before...

Or 26...

Best of luck,
Robert

Back