• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

max lift w/ out serious steering upgrade?

Big_Ben

NAXJA Forum User
I've got an 87 xj that I plan on puting 33's on as soon as if fix it's non-mod problems. Basically I want to do minimal trimming. I've been looking at the RE 5.5" kit and was wondering if I would need to do any serious steering work once I install it?
its going to used for mainly mud and some trails, probably very little rocks
btw I tried searching

thanks for any help in advance

Last edited:
i have 33's on 5.5 but you will need much longer bumpstops or major trimming. llonger adj. trackbar should come with it as well as a drop pitman but other than those mine is stock but i am expecting it to go eventually. as long as you put large bumpstops you can trim very little

You should be able to clear 33's without issues on 5.5"... Don't extend the stops unless you don't like to flex, just trim a bit, and you should be able to clear a 33 all day long.

Steering; Drop pitman arm should come with the kit, and you'll want an adjustable track bar. You don't really need to switch to a hi-steer unless you're higher than 7".

Back