• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I could really use some help with shock part #s for 2" lift

ccsp

NAXJA Forum User
After searching for the lat 20 minutes, Im not getting the info I need. Plenty of info for stock XJ or 4" XJs. What I need are part numbers for good shocks that bolt right up to XJ with 2" lift. I had OME on a WJ and they were a pretty good ride, Ive also had Sensa Tracs on a stock WJ that rode the best. The stock XJ SensaTracs were too short. Im only interested in something that is going to bolt riht up to a 2" lifted XJ.

What I have now is a 94 XJ, 2" BB (true 2" up front, about 1.5 rear) with Skyjacker Nitro 8000s. These shocks really suck on the road. They absorb big bumps offroad really nice but on road are not worht a crap. Like everyone else, my XJ is on the street 95% of the time so Id like a stock ride. The probs with these Skyjackers is the Jeep is just constantly bumping up and down, they dont absorb anything. The stock XJ ride is perfect to me and Id like to get close to that and save my back some pain. :D

Thanks a lot!! :guitar:

Help with shock P/N

I ran OME shocks with OME 2" lift. They were pretty good on the road, maybe just a little firmer than the stock ones, but not bad. Never even got a chance to take them off road so I cant say how they are there. (wife, 3 kids, so on) Had them on for about a year untill I added to the lift. I went to the same shocks, just the longer ones. Now I have $300 bucks worth of shocks sitting that I can't use. Oh well. Serves me right for not going tall enough the first time.
The OME P/N on the shocks for the 2" was N35 (front and N36 (rear).
Hope this helps.
Oh, by the way, new guy here, first post so I hope I did it correctly. Never done this before.

Sorry I don't have part numbers either but here's my two cents

Go flex it out... under full flex measure your full compression and then measure the full extention. You should have a good idea of the size of the shock your going to need after doing this.

Rancho(RS) and OME(Nitrocharger) stock XJ shocks will work up to 3" lift. I recommend the OME for the best on road ride and they are excellent off road as well.

xjtrailrider said:
Rancho(RS) and OME(Nitrocharger) stock XJ shocks will work up to 3" lift. I recommend the OME for the best on road ride and they are excellent off road as well.

Really? So there is only one OME Shock for 0-3" XJ applications? Is there a HD or Comfort choice? There was medium and heavy duty choice on my old WJ

ccsp said:
Really? So there is only one OME Shock for 0-3" XJ applications? Is there a HD or Comfort choice? There was medium and heavy duty choice on my old WJ
I tried to find the ARB catalogue to confirm, no luck. But i remember that the 0-3" was n35/n36 front/rear and the 3-5" was n35L/n36L front/rear, or something like that. But I can't confirm it.

As far as I know they do have shocks that are HD or comfort, they are tuned to the application.

Check with OK, thats where I got all of my OME from.
http://www.ok4wd.com/

Direct link to the shocks
http://www.ok4wd.com/index.php/catalog/product/old_man_emu_nitrocharger_shock_absorbers_yellow/

Last edited:
xjtrailrider said:
I tried to find the ARB catalogue to confirm, no luck. But i remember that the 0-3" was n35/n36 front/rear and the 3-5" was n35L/n36L front/rear, or something like that. But I can't confirm it.

As far as I know they do have shocks that are HD or comfort, they are tuned to the application.

Check with OK, thats where I got all of my OME from.
http://www.ok4wd.com/

Direct link to the shocks
http://www.ok4wd.com/index.php/catalog/product/old_man_emu_nitrocharger_shock_absorbers_yellow/

Thanks, good info

They have comfort and firm. The number has a "C" at the end for comfort I think. They also have ones for taller lifts. Again, the same number with a letter at the end. (I think an "L")
N35"C" = front, N36"C" = rear
When I got mine, the firm were recommended. They said the comfort would feel to loose on the road, and since mine is on the road most of the time, thats what I got. I think it's a personal preferance thing. I don't mind a firm ride. If I wanted comfort, I wouldn't own a truck. Just my opinion.

Back