• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Kit 2" which one can you recommend?

tomm

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

I'm going to buy 2" lift kit to my XJ '97. I found out two options which think may be worth of reconsideration.

one is Rubicon Express http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=188&Pn=2022&XnPath=180,188&Vid=52F851953816

Second one is from Rusty's Off-road: http://www.rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=200AL&Category_Code=sus_xj_kit

Rusty's Off-road includes front sprigs instead of spacers. I like that but what makes me surprised is both sets are almost same price. My question is why... could that be Rusty's is less quality?

Does any of you have any experience of using Rusty's vs. Rubicon?
I will appreciate your feedback.

Thx
Tom

I wouldn't go add-a leaf but if I did i would go with the rustys since they are are full vs. half leafs. I'd consider looking into bastard packs instead

Rocky Road budget boost. 31x11.5 TSLs. Some trimming.
I am very happy with this setup. Keep in mind I wheel the piss outa my rig. On the road the handeling is the same as stock. It also flexes as much as I want it too.
100_1888.jpg

100_1849.jpg

100_1852.jpg
:firedevil

Krazors001, Why you don't recommend add-a-leaf?

If not add-a-leaf set do you know guys any other set better then Rusty available on the web?

.T

Most guys dont recommend AALs because they will sag after a little while, your better off going with full packs, definetly worth the extra money IMHO.

AAL is not to bad if your old springs are not sagging already. Else the new leaf tends to have a lot more of an arc and try's to take more of the load because of that. Soon the AAL will loses it arc and you will be just about back to were you started as fare as lift goes anyway.
In Short:
Tired old springs. Replace the pack if you go to keep the Jeep for long.
Shiny new springs. Try AAL.

Back