• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full time light

Americanpower

NAXJA Forum User
Sometimes, when I ride, the Full Time light is on, even when I'm not engaged.
The first time I pull the lever to Full Time, it works, but if I engage and disengage more than one time, the Part Time is engaged with light on.
It will only engage on Full time few hours after the truck isn't running.
And, sometimes, when y turn off the key, theres no more power on the truck but the Full Time light stay on. What could it be ??

The 242 is notorious for getting hung between modes. The best way I've found to get the transfer to shift reliably between modes is to be rolling in neutral when you shift to minimize the torque on the gears.

If the light comes on randomly without touching anything, my guess is that you have a short somewhere that's feeding the light.

Later,
Joe

1 year later and its still on. Even when the truck is off and on 2x4, the Full Time light is always on.
The only time it will turn off its when I put it in Part Time, than the Part Time light goes on.

1 year later and its still on. Even when the truck is off and on 2x4, the Full Time light is always on.
The only time it will turn off its when I put it in Part Time, than the Part Time light goes on.
Mine has been that way for years. It flickers off & on in 2wd, but usually works right when it's in full time. I don't even notice it any more but every time someone else drives my rig they stress about it. The lock light works fine & that's the important one.

Back