• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2-door vs. 4-door

2 door's outwheel 4 doors!

Also, 2 door drivers look better than 4 door drivers. :)

I read that in someone's sig.

Wheelbase is the same, wiring is the same (Save not having 2 rear doors) hoses are the same.

Major differences? Legroom. Plus the 2 door has bigger front doors, that make it a little easier for us big guys to get in and out of.

I bought a 4 door becouse of the room that I needed for baby seats and stuff. These days if I was to start building a rig I would want to start with a 2 door... easier to put a exo on!!

I've owned both, and I'm liking the 4-door better.

Yes, the 2-door has nicer lines, and it's easier to get in and out of if you're a sizable guy; but it's also a heavier door, and XJ's aren't well known for door durability.

The only major differences I can see for wheeling a 2-door vs a 4-door, is that a 2-door would be easier to trim the rear wheelwell for clearance and the 2-door is lighter.

:)

Wheelwells are the same.

Yes you can trim more in back, because you don't have to worry about the rear doors, the front is the same.

2 doors look better when chopped.

2 doors wheel MUCH better.

2 door drivers are much better looking and get far more women.

2 doors do not suffer from saggin rear doors.

Rev

Onkover said:
I bought a 4 door becouse of the room that I needed for baby seats and stuff.

On that I'm pleased to say we are having no problrem with putting the baby seat in the back of the 2DR.

The difference between 2 and 4 door xj's has nothing to do with the vehicle(though that extra post is nice in a rollover I suppose). It has to do with access to the back seat. Do you have kids and will they be riding with you? Do you carry more than one passenger normally? My backseat is more like the space in an extended cab pickup...nary a passenger under normal conditions. Evaluate your personal requirements and then get the best xj you can with the pocket change you have available. Now if you weigh better than 250lbs, the question becomes moot.

Rev Den said:
Wheelwells are the same.

Yes you can trim more in back, because you don't have to worry about the rear doors, the front is the same.

Rev
x2

if you get stuck in mud you have a larger window to climb out of, less mud pit in cab

smaller doors are only good in parking lots

When you guys say the 2 doors have more leg room, how do you mean this? That the door opening is bigger and easier to get your legs in; or are the front seats actually further back in a 2 door?

Rev Den said:
Wheelwells are the same.

Rev

2 doors equals an extra chick
4 doors equals 3 extra chicks
chicks don't like to climb into the back.

cklaus said:
When you guys say the 2 doors have more leg room, how do you mean this? That the door opening is bigger and easier to get your legs in; or are the front seats actually further back in a 2 door?
Im 6'3" and I have a 2 door. Yesterday I went to drive my friends 4 door and the seat didnt go back near as far as mine. Mine goes back another 2 inches compared to his 4 door

Back