• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help it wont shift

matt1994xj

NAXJA Forum User
so yeah my ax-15 is messin up. i have a pretty new clutch...it got replaced in october. now i have no clutch feel and it will barely shift into 1st from a stop and i cannot downshift. is this a problem with my slave cylinder? i looked inside the reservoir and there is fluid in there...is it supposed to be filled to the top? the fluid level is about halfway down. i need to drive 200+ miles tomorrow. any input would be helpful.

sounds like air in the system. You probably have a leak somewhere. Look for fluid on the interior fuse box, on the firewall, and leaking from the bellhousing. If you bleed the system well you should be okay for a little while.
Keep the fluid full.

i just read the fsm and apparently there is no bleeder screw or at least they dont mention it.

it says " the cylinders and lines are prefilled at the factory" "the hydraulic system should not require additional fluid under normal circumstances...in fact the level will increase as normal clutch wear occurs."

im thinking that i need to buy the whole master and slave assembly for about 150 bucks that comes filled with fluid.

so i drove it 250 miles without being able to disengage the clutch...that was fun. i had to start it in gear 2 or 3 times but i tried not to stop. upshifting isnt bad but the downshifts are the tricky ones. i put in a new master and slave cylinder today. my clutch feels so good. when i took out my old slave the metal piston fell right out.

Back