• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear 4-Runner arms?

socratica

NAXJA Forum User
Been reading here for awhile and love it. Posted a couple of questions and I greatly appreciate the help. My xj is still in the shop from the motor rebuild and will have it back tomorrow. I will be putting in 3" coils and keeping my 2" spacer (will be running bastard packs and a 1 1/2" shackle in rear). This jeep has an NP229 btw (so SYE warnings aren't needed, TC drop and shims are going in with the suspension).

My question however, pertains to using late 90's 4-runner rear lower control arms or pathfinder arms. They are a little too long so I was considering chopping and sleeving them, I have access to a welding intructor who could do the work for me. Has anyone ever tried this? If I don't go this route I will get adjustables. I have some and it was just a thought. Are there any other arms from vehicles that may work in a similar fashion? Just thinking.
Thanks...

Back