• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trans cooler fittings and grille screen??

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know a source for late model "plug/n/play" fittings.I currently have the factory cooler and Im replacing it with an aftermarket cooler but would like to still make it use the "p/n/p" system!Also Id like to install a grill screen for core protection.How heavy heavy of mesh can I use without cutting off airflow?

Don't know about the p/n/p, but I have a piece of window screen on mine. The only time it seemed to effect air flow was driving in a heavy wet snow storm. Even then it wasn't a huge problem just was getting up to summer temps in the winter.

Anyone on the fittings?Been searching for a couple days now,found everything "but" what Jeep uses!

Picked mine up at the dealer - they use them in a slew of Chrysler apps so they should have plenty in stock. I've probably still got one in a toolbox somewhere, but the parts guys will be able to dig it up pretty quickly.

I was lookign for the thread of the plugs used on the stock cooler awhile back and had no luck. I'd like to switch over to the push on AN style fittings when I run my extra cooler.

My circle track buddies run what they call "shaker screens". Basically 1/4" wire mesh wraped around a 1/2" pvc pipe frame suported by a piece of steel rod horizontaly thru the top, allowing the bottom to swing or "shake" back and forth against the frame under the radiator. Does a good job keeping mud and debris from cloging it. Would probably work really good in a 4x4 too. Just never tried it

A little update,running out of time,just bought a trailer for the NASCAR races and I need this thing working.

Bad News:never found the factory quick-couplings.

Good News:cut the old ones off my OEM aux cooler and the new hoses have already been redone by the local hyd hose shop.

Bad News:I still have to use hose clamps on the new cooler because the crimping head was to large to get at the lines because of the cooler mounts.

Good News:In the event of a failure of the new aux cooler I can still unplug it and run on the basic rad system!

Back