• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WANTED: Washer bottle for 2001 XJ

Vince

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
My washer bottle has split and holds about a cup full of water at the moment. Does anyone have a spare washer bottle from a 1997-2001?

That would be a neat trick if I my Jeep had remote diagnostics.

Sadly, the bodyshop that fitted my Bushwackers didn't read the instructions I gave them concerning the washer bottle. I have since shortened the two offending bolts but my washer bottle still has two small punctures where the full length bolts fretted through.

Vince said:
That would be a neat trick if I my Jeep had remote diagnostics.

Sadly, the bodyshop that fitted my Bushwackers didn't read the instructions I gave them concerning the washer bottle. I have since shortened the two offending bolts but my washer bottle still has two small punctures where the full length bolts fretted through.

Vince, when redoing my fender flairs, I drilled a couple holes in my washer bottle :) :) I just got some RTV silicon and filled the holes then let dry. It holds very well, I have not had any leaks with that fix. Much better than buying a new bottle.

Clint said:
Vince, when redoing my fender flairs, I drilled a couple holes in my washer bottle :) :) I just got some RTV silicon and filled the holes then let dry. It holds very well, I have not had any leaks with that fix. Much better than buying a new bottle.

You could also use some screws/washers/RTV to plug the wholes.

I bought some special glue for fixing it but I was worried the cure time would take longer than the time I had available. The screw idea is brilliant! Combined with the adhesive or RTV and a large washer it would provide a long lasting wear surface against the bolts. I'll try that first.

Vince said:
I bought some special glue for fixing it but I was worried the cure time would take longer than the time I had available. The screw idea is brilliant! Combined with the adhesive or RTV and a large washer it would provide a long lasting wear surface against the bolts. I'll try that first.

The silicon based RTV I used only took about 30 min to dry. Seal it, fill it up to the holes..then when you get to where your going, fill the rest :)

Back