• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift hight

GermanXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just got my TSLs yesterday, so I had to post a pic.
2" lift and 31x11.5 TSLs I am goin wheelin tonight so I will post how well my setup works in the mornin.
100_1852.jpg

100_1849.jpg
:firedevil

That's a sharp looking jeep!

When you just take the factory flares off, does it give you more room in the wheelwell? (I'm considering removal/cutting/trimming to fit a 31" tire on as little lift as possible.) With 2" of lift and no flares, your Jeep looks like it has plenty of room!

:)

Yea its not bad. I just walked in the door from its maden voyage on the trails with the Swampers, I am proud to anounce that I smashed the crap outa my front fenders but a little trimmin will do the trick. Man those TSLs are unreal on the trail I was stopping in the middle of mud holes and doing three point turns in them just to piss off my buddies. I love my rig the way its set up, I need a locker though. By the way thanks for the comment about the Jeep most people just stare and try to park as far away as possible. More pics comming soon.

With that amount of backspacing I can tell you'll need some trimming. I would also relocate your horn to inside the frame rails or they won't last long.

Here's a link to how I cut and raised my flares. I also kept my inner fender liners so clean up after being in the mud is much easier.

http://www.madxj.com/MADXJ/technical/technicalfiles/TPfenderFlares/FenderFlares.htm

Here's a front bumper picture that shows the flare pretty good

Picture20008.jpg

With the flares done like that I can steer from lock to lock when fully flexed without any rubbing. BTW the tires are 33x10.5-15's on 15x7's with 4" of backspacing.

GermanXJ said:
Yea its not bad. I just walked in the door from its maden voyage on the trails with the Swampers, I am proud to anounce that I smashed the crap outa my front fenders but a little trimmin will do the trick. Man those TSLs are unreal on the trail I was stopping in the middle of mud holes and doing three point turns in them just to piss off my buddies. I love my rig the way its set up, I need a locker though. By the way thanks for the comment about the Jeep most people just stare and try to park as far away as possible. More pics comming soon.

:roflmao: Your rig looks great and I had to laugh about your flaunting of the tires off-road at your buddies. The right equipment can make a huge difference.

GermanXJ said:

*L* I love it!

By any chance, were these same folks laughing at your 'grocery getter' before you slapped those meaty treads on?

MGrobe said:
:roflmao: Your rig looks great and I had to laugh about your flaunting of the tires off-road at your buddies. The right equipment can make a huge difference.
Yea I think I just made Interco 6 more sale last night. All my wheelin buddies are runnin less agressive tires, and they were havin a good time watchin those Swampers murder everything they got ahold of.:cheers:

XJPhoenix said:
*L* I love it!

By any chance, were these same folks laughing at your 'grocery getter' before you slapped those meaty treads on?

Yea my buddie with the TJ told me " Man I still think XJs are gay but That damn thing is nuts."

TNT said:
With that amount of backspacing I can tell you'll need some trimming. I would also relocate your horn to inside the frame rails or they won't last long.

Here's a link to how I cut and raised my flares. I also kept my inner fender liners so clean up after being in the mud is much easier.

http://www.madxj.com/MADXJ/technical/technicalfiles/TPfenderFlares/FenderFlares.htm

Here's a front bumper picture that shows the flare pretty good

Picture20008.jpg

With the flares done like that I can steer from lock to lock when fully flexed without any rubbing. BTW the tires are 33x10.5-15's on 15x7's with 4" of backspacing.
Yea I need to get the inners back in. I like that bumper.

X2 on the bumper

looks good GermanXJ, i'd like to to run tsls as well, but i spend too much time on the highway =(
probably gonna go with the trxus mts..still in the Interco family though!

great looking jeep! so German, no lockers? good work buddy!

Back