• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gutter mount roof rack: crossbars needed?

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
As the title says,I am looking for a used gutter mount roof rack for my 92 xj. I have never mounted a roof rack before,and I need to know if I need the cross bars,or do I just buy the brackets that mount it to the rain gutters? My xj does not have a factory roof rack. thanks for the help,Ben

No, you don't need bars. I bought the Yakima mounts and attached them to my rack and they mount directly to my gutters. Works like a dream. You might have to take off the rail that goes over the gutter, but it's purely cosmetic.

FYI!!

I've got some brand spanking new in the box Yakima rain gutter mounts.
I'll give you a deal.

Shoot me an offer via PM if you are interested!
:cheers:

Hale

LABMBA87 said:
No, you don't need bars. I bought the Yakima mounts and attached them to my rack and they mount directly to my gutters. Works like a dream. You might have to take off the rail that goes over the gutter, but it's purely cosmetic.

What brand of rack to you have?

Curious as to if the Yakima mounts will work with anything other then Yakima racks.

Hale

they will. just weld them up real good. ive got the mounts from JCR offroad and welded them to my rack. works like a dream.

Back