• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Lines

thobson

NAXJA Forum User
A while back my braided brake lines pinched on itself causing the hard line to also be trashed lossing a good 2.5-3" of hard line. At the time I just reflanged the hard line and replaced it with a new skyjakcer braided line. Now that the sun is starting to shine and I'm getting ready for summer wheeling I need to address the problem of not having enough length in my brake line. Currently the hard line has maybe an inch coming through the engine bay leaving me with very little room to flex, I can't decided if I should get a custom braided line made that is really long allwoing me plenty of room to flex or if I should just replace the hard line completley from the master cylinder also giving me more slack for flex, does anyone have any input on what would be the best route to go?

Last edited:
Get rid of your braided stainless line,I've seen too many people on the sidelines diggin for there vice grips to pinch it off.get some longer hoses.

How much lift do you have. You may be able to use some GM truck lines as replacement and still have plenty of room. I am at 4"+ and this is at this much flex

JeepFlexGarciaRidgeNAXJ.jpg

JeepFlexGarciaRidge2.jpg

and the front brake line has this much left
Brakeline3maxed.jpg

Reference this thread for more details http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=70205

no I'm at 6.5" in the front and before the front line issues with extended brake lines and the longer amount of hard line I could out flex the slack I had that's why my two options that I'm interested in getting feed back on are putting in a really long hard line or getting a really long braided line made.

Back