• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tie Rod replacement

NC4X4boy

NAXJA Forum User
I recall my friend telling me he had a different tie rod than a stock one, but it wasnt big daddy or anything, he said that it was off a Dodge ram, if anyone knows if this will work id like some feedback, also what year and model ram to look at.

1996cc said:
Have you searched?? Start there.

Since I'm nice, here's a hint: ZJ.

V8 ZJ supposedly has a beefier tie rod than a XJ. Do some searching, I've seen tie rods stuffed with a solid rod as well as sleeved. If you cannot afford much, then just go to a pnp and get another tie rod/drag link from another XJ as a spare, otherwise Currie, Rusty's, just about every other big aftermarket supplier has aftermarket strong tie rods.

I have a custom built Tie Rod that is 1 3/8" OD with the Spider Trax 7/8" inserts, running the Dodge TREs, part numbers ES2847R and ES2848L. I think AJ sold some HD tie rods that used these TRE's as well.

Back