• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's 9 inch coils

xjrugger

NAXJA Forum User
I did search but nothing on these came up.
I have 8" SJ Coils but they def never measured 8 inches, prob more like 7+, now after putting on a winch and stinger bumper my front end is a little shorter than the rear and i really want to have a perfectly even stance. I was thinking of doing ACOS in place of my 2" poly spacer and crank it up to 3+ to even the stance. But i feel that gonna drop the coil further doen the tower which is what i dont want either. For around the same price i could get the Rusty 9" coils but i need to know:

1. How is they're ride quality on the street
2. Do they flex well on the trail
3. Do they really measure 9 inches or are they a little shy like the SJ coils

I have a good opinion on the SJ coils, they're great all around for the street and trail, can the same be said for Rusty b/c this is not a trail rig only, it's still a part-time DD.

Thank U

xjrugger said:
I did search but nothing on these came up.
I have 8" SJ Coils but they def never measured 8 inches, prob more like 7+, now after putting on a winch and stinger bumper my front end is a little shorter than the rear and i really want to have a perfectly even stance. I was thinking of doing ACOS in place of my 2" poly spacer and crank it up to 3+ to even the stance. But i feel that gonna drop the coil further doen the tower which is what i dont want either. For around the same price i could get the Rusty 9" coils but i need to know:

1. How is they're ride quality on the street
2. Do they flex well on the trail
3. Do they really measure 9 inches or are they a little shy like the SJ coils

I have a good opinion on the SJ coils, they're great all around for the street and trail, can the same be said for Rusty b/c this is not a trail rig only, it's still a part-time DD.

Thank U

nice i see everybody is running these and dying to give me their opinion

probably because most people would say that is way to high to lift an XJ

Here is my opinion, stick with the SJ coils.

Search term = coil spring rates. You'll get more of my opinions there.

Chero-King said:
I'd go with the ACOS cause my 2" spacer's in the front really only measure around 1.5-1.75"s
im gonna go with the ACOS, the rusty springs are a considerably lower rate when i did a search and to me that seems it will sit about the same as the SJ coils.

Back