• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

44 / 60 ???

wazza

NAXJA Forum User
well i missed out on the front ford 60, so im back to original plan of a 44.

ive got a front 44 an a rear 60 from a j20,
im gonna get the front tubes swaped round so the drop is on the proper side for my xj.

does anyone know how these will hold up? ive been told the rear 60 will hold up alright to 37's an a locker, but im starting to have my reservations since ive pulled the shafts out!!!
the front 44 isn't much stronger than the 30 that ive still got as its same sized shafts an uj's altho its a 30 spline diff.

can anyone recomend a good place to get molly shafts for both of them from? cos at a glance on the net i can't find any listed for them!
an while im on should i uprate to 35 spline in both?

im over the water in england so unfortunatly i can't just walk into a scrappy an find a set of decent axles. so this is probly the stongest i can get!

thanks very much!

I had a look at that to, 700+ quid!! Holly cow, I NEVER thought she'd go that high. There are NO rocks to speak of over here, why not do a ford 8.8 rear and a HP 30 front with alloy shafts?? That's what I'm on till I get back to the states later this year. Doubt you'd ever break it, just weld the tubes in the rear and stick a truss on the front.

i was bidding on it,
i got piped at the post by half a second, i emailed the bloke befor it finnished an he wanted just over a grand to take it off ebay! :shocked: so i took my chance on the bidding!

just looked at the moser site an it looks good, most the shaft are custom made an a really good price too!!!

i decided to go for the 44/60 combo for the width an strenth really but now it kindof looks like ive shot myself in the foot for strenth!!! the width mainly cos ive gone up 8 inches just on spenssion an 4 1/2 inches on tyres by the time i get 37's on, so ive gone out on axle width an further more on the offset rims.
plus i hope it should be quite unique over here once im finnished!
an eventually i mighty go bigger :firedevil

Back