• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express Drop Bracket & Lower Control Arm

splitz

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a set of RE drop brackets used, which I am learing wasn't a great idea, and I'm trying to install my LCAs. The problem is the LCA mount + alighnment shoe makes it nearly impossible to fit the rubber bushing side into the pocket of the drop bracket.

Does anyone have any tips on doing this? I've tried lubing it up, pounding it in with a hammer, fitting it into the alignmnet shoe first, and still a no go.

Is there a way to pry open the pocket just a little bit without damaging the drop bracket?

I have been running the drop brackets for a while now. I still have yet to hit them on anything.

Your line of attack is right. I did take a pry bar and try to strech them out myself a bit. This didn't damage anything. Really I don't think it helped to much either. It was a major pain to get them in when I did it. I lubed it all up, slipped on the shoe first and beat on it till it finally went in. Soory I can't provide you with much more help ther then your going in the right direction. May want to call Rubicon and ask them?

Onkover said:
I have been running the drop brackets for a while now. I still have yet to hit them on anything.

Your line of attack is right. I did take a pry bar and try to strech them out myself a bit. This didn't damage anything. Really I don't think it helped to much either. It was a major pain to get them in when I did it. I lubed it all up, slipped on the shoe first and beat on it till it finally went in. Soory I can't provide you with much more help ther then your going in the right direction. May want to call Rubicon and ask them?

Thats how I got mine to go in.Its a real PITA but once its done you'll like the improved ride quality that the drop brackets provide.

I ended up just giving the alignment shoes a bit of sanding. I kind of beveled the front edge to get the arm to slide in easier (at least so it would get started), and then I was able to tap it the rest of the way with the hammer.

I agree, it is a total PITA though.

Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is having a rough time with em. I'll give the suggestions a shot.

My RE DB's & brace arrived yesterday. Thanks for the heads up. I have RE CA's and I'm hoping they'll fit. I'll be doing the install by myself starting next week.

I took a hammer to the drop brackets to stretch them open a little, insert shoes, and torque very tightly to draw the sides of the drop brackets back together. That was the only way I could get it to work.

I used some threaded rod with some nuts and washers to spread it apart some, along with some grinding.

I used a porta-power and wedge to open them just a little bit. Then, I sold them to a "friend"(rich punk) and long armed it.

Back