• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More Taillight Problems

Sam Im Is

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I noticed my taillights were out the other day. When you turn the dash lights on they light up but when you press the brake pedal they just stay the same, they don't get any brighter. I checked the bulbs and replaced them, checked the fuses in the driver side kick panel, and put a new stoplight switch on the brake pedal. Still Nothing :bs: . Any other suggestions to finding the source of this problem?

Yeah, get a voltmeter and check for voltage. Tail lights and brake lights are on separate circuits due to the dual element bulbs.

Start at the bulb socket and work your way back to the switch.

did you put the bulbs in backwards
seriously if so the brughter element will illuminate as the running light and if you hit the breaks the dimmer element will light up
kinda like a wisper on a screem

Ok, so I pulled the taillight last night and looked at everything, the signal/ hazard is fine, now there are two bulbs in the actual red part of the taillight. Should both of these be on at the same time with out the pedal pressed? I thought one was supposed to stay on while the lights were on and then the other turns on when the pedal is pressed, or does the bulb just get brighter? Anyway with the taillight pulled and the lights on both bulbs are lit and press the pedal it doesnt get brighter or go dim it just stays the same.

Back