• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my viair oba install

yea i could but i mounted the tank a little to close to the hatch so it doesnt fit to well but the tank has six ports so i can always put it somewhere else.

2000xj4x4 said:
yea i could but i mounted the tank a little to close to the hatch so it doesnt fit to well but the tank has six ports so i can always put it somewhere else.

Could you put a 90* fitting on the back and have the quick release mounted downward?

yea i guess i could i'm just not in a big hurry to do it because my hatch does not open right now. i think i'm gonna have to take the bumper off and cut the two bolts on the bottom of the latch.

Question: Does this OBA kit run air tools well? Does have an auto-recycle feature? I mean, do you have to run the compressor manually when the tank empties or gets too low or does the compressor cut on automagically?

I've been looking for a compressor that will do that for a long time and no one seems to have any answers, so I've stuck with Nitrogen and CO2.

bigolexj said:
Question: Does this OBA kit run air tools well? Does have an auto-recycle feature? I mean, do you have to run the compressor manually when the tank empties or gets too low or does the compressor cut on automagically?

I've been looking for a compressor that will do that for a long time and no one seems to have any answers, so I've stuck with Nitrogen and CO2.
You can easily do that with a pressure switch that automatically shuts the compressor off at a pre-set pressure and it will kick on again when the pressure drops to another pre-set pressure. This is very common on OBA setups that run air lockers. I've got more info about that type of setup here: http://www.ericsxj.com/oba.htm

i have a preassure switch mounted under the bracket it cuts on at 110 and off at 145 psi, as soon as the preassure goes as low as 110 the compressor cuts on.

It is actually a pretty quiet compressor, i was really suprised i expected it to be much louder.

Back