• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sliders???

X2 on Aj's great price and very durable. I was worried they wouldn't stick out enough to act as decent steps, but they are perfect for that as well. Keep in mind they come unpainted, can't remeber if the JCR ones come painted or not.

AJ is a good guy. Hes had a hell of a few years but puts out an awesome product. Dont hold your breath on those coming any time this month unless he REALLY stepped up production.

I have a set of his rails and like them.

I've got plenty of time right now so that won't hurt me to much but he felt he could ship them by Tuesday.
So I guess well see, very easy to work with so far, so thats a good sign.

sintax said:
AJ is a good guy. Hes had a hell of a few years but puts out an awesome product. Dont hold your breath on those coming any time this month unless he REALLY stepped up production.

I have a set of his rails and like them.

Thats killer if hes that caught up. He really is a honestly good guy that has caught some really hard breaks in life over the last few yrs.

He was going to build a front bumper for me a while back when he was injured. I told him i'd front the total cost of the bumper and he could just build it whenever he got around to it. He declined as he was not sure when he would be well enough to work again.

I bought some sliders from him last month and they are awesome!! You can't beat his price OR his workmanship. His welds are top of the line. He must be OK from his injury cause he quoted me a price on a bumper and said he was working on several others. People need to keep in mind that with his bumpers they are all made from scratch accordong to the design the customer has in mind, so it will take longer to make, but well worth the wait!

hollywood32 said:
Got my sliders on Monday just as promised, excellent craftsmanship, I'm priming and getting ready to coat them in with truck bed liner now and hope to have them installed this weekend if my jeep comes back from smog testing by then.

Don't use bed liner stuff. Just black paint, its easy to recoat if you want that like new look again.
Altough I don't think mine will ever look new again....
:D

Jump This said:
Don't use bed liner stuff. Just black paint, its easy to recoat if you want that like new look again.
Altough I don't think mine will ever look new again....
:D
It's not realy for looks, I've found through trial and error and error and error that while the bed liner isn't any tougher than paint it does provide one advantage. Muddy boots don't slip as easily on it.

hollywood32 said:
It's not realy for looks, I've found through trial and error and error and error that while the bed liner isn't any tougher than paint it does provide one advantage. Muddy boots don't slip as easily on it.

Ahhh, life in the 909.....:cheers:

I ordered a set of slider from AJ today and he was really cool over the phone. Even asked me some questions about my rig since he was thinking about trading in his 87 for a 95-96. He asked me how soon I wanted them, and I explained im a total procrastonator hence calling now but I wanted to have them installed next friday (totaly rediculous expectation). He said he had actually just sold out but was gonna call around and see if he could find someone who didnt mind waiting a little bit longer on their order to get one out to me asap.

While I dont expect anyone to give up their place in line I think it was awesome that he was willing to try and get them out to me before my next trip.

Back