• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

***State Senator thinks we're all fat***

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
kline.jpg

CLOUT said:
Just so you know what the OHV & motorsports users are really up against in Olympia!

We have been assured by Dave Helgeson who is a CLOUT member, that this email thread below from Senator Adam Kline is authentic. We are trying to fulfill Senator Kline's request for us to "circulate this to all motorized sports enthusiasts.

Please do your part to assist us in fulfilling Senator Kline's request by getting this to as many OHV/motorsports enthusiasts as you can.

Thank you,

CLOUT Admin
Senator Adam Kline said:
Dear Mr. Helgeson,

I signed on because I have been annoyed, endangered, and angered one too
many times by people riding motorized dirt-bikes and other off-road vehicles
that have no damn business anywhere. To me, this bill is narrow--it doesn't
include those "personal watercraft," seemingly jet-powered little missiles
whose only apparent purpose is to risk death and dismemberment for boaters
and swimmers, for the amusement of spoiled drunk teenagers.

Yes, I am sure there is the occasional responsible person who rides one of
these machines on land or water. And yes, like every human being I have
been pleasantly surprized to find my stereotypes broken. But why, why, why,
do folks insist on motorized "sports"? Those two words are an oxymoron.
There is nothing sporting--athletic, physically demanding--about riding any
machine anywhere. And it's a damned annoyance to folks who see the outdoors
as a place to go for quiet and solitude and self-exploration. I would be
happy to ban the use of the internal combustion engine off-road, by anyone
without a handicapped sticker, subject to a stiff fine. Maybe we could call
this an anti-obesity measure.

Please circulate this to all motorized sports enthusiasts, so they can
remember never to vote for me.

Adam Kline
Full thread here: http://www.pnwjeep.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7173

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Kline

-----Matt-----

Here is his Web page:

http://www.sdc.wa.gov/kline.htm

There is an email link there.

If you live in his district and can intelligently commnicate your case to him do so. Based on his quoted statements this guy isn't going to give consideration to persons outside his district and rants are just going to convince him that he is correct.
Perhaps some South Seattle / Renton area motorsports businesses would be the best communicators to a politician of this type.

And.... Register to Vote!! :flipoff:

I know whos not getting pulled out of a ditch next time it snows

milton_looks.jpg

That's it....that's the last straw. I could set the building on fire.....

Makes me wish I was a registered voter here in WA so I could to my part in voting his a$$ out of office.

HEY, you know what?? I hate stand stepping in horse crap when I'm hiking on trails. Guess I should become a senator and ban pack animals from the woods.

- Jay

HMMMM....

Adam Kline:
8290.jpg

Rob Reiner:
2390Rob20Reiner.jpg
Separated at birth???

His views are enough to make him a complete tool, but to come out and
nana.gif
the very people who hold sway over his job.... Wow
ahh.gif

pSYChedXJ said:
milton_looks.jpg

That's it....that's the last straw. I could set the building on fire.....

Makes me wish I was a registered voter here in WA so I could to my part in voting his a$$ out of office.

HEY, you know what?? I hate stand stepping in horse crap when I'm hiking on trails. Guess I should become a senator and ban pack animals from the woods.

- Jay

He's in office till 2011. You've got some time. The only ones saying America is free are the one's taking our rights away.

well, aint that some sh!t I

[email protected] if anyone wants to draft anything up. I intend to roast his ass. retard needs to get told and I'm in the state of mind to do some tellin.

**EDIT** [email protected] looks more likely to be a home email address

Last edited:
Metal Thrasher said:
If you live in his district and can intelligently commnicate your case to him do so. Based on his quoted statements this guy isn't going to give consideration to persons outside his district and rants are just going to convince him that he is correct.

WaXJ_Skier said:
I intend to roast his ass. retard needs to get told and I'm in the state of mind to do some tellin.

Hope you reconsider, Joe.

ECKSJAY said:
Hope you reconsider, Joe.

people like that piss me off. I actually started doing some research on him and his voting record and stance on particular subjects. Also apears as though he has a temper doesn't look like its the first time he sent out an angry email. He doesn't deserve it but maybe somebody should invite him on a run and prove to him that hes wrong.

WaXJ_Skier said:
people like that piss me off. I actually started doing some research on him and his voting record and stance on particular subjects. Also apears as though he has a temper doesn't look like its the first time he sent out an angry email. He doesn't deserve it but maybe somebody should invite him on a run and prove to him that hes wrong.

That's more like it, bro. :)

They upset me, too...but if you've ever worked with liberal turds there's generally no reasoning with them. You just learn to find workarounds for them.

Here's a different spin on it.....

At least you know where he stands. In this day and age, how often do you get the unvarnished truth from a legislator?

I forwarded a letter to my district senator regarding the bill and also a note to Sen. Kline asking him to join us if he would like a different perspective on our sport and our opinions. While it's not likely he would ever change his mind or join us on a fact finding trip, at least he got one more piece of mail from someone that represents our sport without using the same tactics he does.

Keep that in mind...at least he has spared us the work of having to persuade him. We can now focus in on those we're unsure of.

BTW, he's partially right.....I could stand to lose a few pounds. ;)

Back