PDA

View Full Version : RC 3.5" AAL to 5" lift

bluedevils369
March 5th, 2007, 12:48
My jeep-1996 Country 2wd-Rough Country 3.5" AAL Lift-Bushwacker cut out fender flares-32x11.50

My question is i have local spring shop building a 5" rear leaf pack, and need to know what i should do to level out the front safely without spending alot of money.

Thanks in advance

xj92
March 5th, 2007, 20:08
Add 1.5" coil spacers, or 2" spacers, or three extra stock coil spring isolators to each side in the front.

bluedevils369
March 6th, 2007, 06:21
I wont have to extend my upper and lower control arms? or track bar? and what about the pitman arm?

xj92
March 6th, 2007, 11:30
Either the uppers or lowers should probably be adjustable to dial it in perfectly, but if you already have 3.5" of lift I assumed you had aftermarket lowers. To get the best ride the lowers will need to be a hair longer, but you can drive it with the same lowers that worked on 3.5" if they're aftermarket. If your track bar is adjustable, adjust it. If you already drilled a hole when you lifted to 3.5" and are using a stock t-bar, then leave it in that hole. If you never drilled a hole and are using the stock track bar, then re-drill the axle-mount hole over to the right enough to re-center the axle after lifting it to your desired height. Leave the pitman arm alone for now. If you get a drop pitman arm and change your drag link angle, you'll need to change your track bar angle to match it or you'll get more bump steer.