• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Working/Learning Party - THIS SATURDAY!!!

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
The part mailed out today. I am not likely to make it, my aussie locker and MORE engine mounts should be in by this weekend (fingers crossed) and I need to install an adjustable trackbar. I hope all goes well and maybe I can help tie up any loose ends another weekend.

So the rumor has it that my Jeep Heep will be the learning instrument this weekend... now whether to be worried or not. HM...

Like dissecting a frog the learning begins! See you all there!!

Thank you all for the support and time!

ash and lil ian

:piratefla

It should be comforting to know that Dr Rollins will be there and a whole bunch of XJ nerds

i'm a nerd, but not yet an XJ nerd... i'm hoping to learn as much as possible and get my hands as dirty as mike and robert will let me :)

ok, well, my Jeep started acting up this week.....she wants to blow her top in a bad way me thinks, so I'm gonna do my damnedest to make it... just not sure my Jeep has the same plan. But if anyone is going up from San Diego and wants some company for the ride up, I'd be happy to keep your passenger seat warm =) Else we may have two rigs to learn on....mine can be how to solve the everlasting overheating issue :helpme:

And yes, I'm proceeding immediately to the sticky thread without passing GO or collecting $200.

CharlesS said:
My brother and I will be there to lend a hand.... see you there tomorrow AM.

Charles

Awesome!

There are several folks coming up from SD. You guys may want to car pool or caravan up???

See you all tomorrow!!!

Bah! just when I thought my day had seen the worst, the wee Jeep finally cooked herself and started spilling over...so the Jeep won't make it. It should make it to carlsbad tho where my mom has some donations to the mini-jeeper if ya'll still want....some receiveing blankets (whatever that is) and a few toys I think, so probably gonna take her car up and make a cameo, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to spend the day.

SanDiegoXJ said:
Bah! just when I thought my day had seen the worst, the wee Jeep finally cooked herself and started spilling over...so the Jeep won't make it. It should make it to carlsbad tho where my mom has some donations to the mini-jeeper if ya'll still want....some receiveing blankets (whatever that is) and a few toys I think, so probably gonna take her car up and make a cameo, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to spend the day.

Sorry to hear about your Jeep. Please come on up and hang for a little while though.

See you tomorrow!

I'm bringing special tools.

Puller for the harmonic balancer
Installer for the front crank seal
Installer for the harmonic balancer

I will also show a few time saving (less swearing) tricks too.

What a great day! We had 9 guys for most of the day and 3 or 4 others came by.
I will post my pics tonight.

We got a lot of work done, but it is not complete. The replacement harmonic balancer cracked as we were installing and it damaged the front crankcase seal. So Mike is ordering a new seal today and he & I will work on it one evening this week.

We may have another work party in a couple of weeks to finish the work and install a lift. What's left to do? Well:

front seal
harmonic balancer
Radiator
coolant over-flow bottle
front fenders
hood
header panel
upper radiator support
grill
lights
front bumper
lift kit (springs, leafs, & shocks)

We still need a YJ slip yoke if anyone can help with this....

There is probably more...

We have to sand, prime, and paint the front end. We still have to acquire a hood, though we have located a couple, we have not managed to pick it up yet.

Thansk to all of the guys that came out and Mike for leading. Thanks to Jordan for the food and friendship! Thanks to Ashley for crashing her Jeep and causing this to occur so that many of us can learn... LOL Love ya' Ash!!!!

rpraterxj said:
Thanks to Ashley for crashing her Jeep and causing this to occur so that many of us can learn... LOL Love ya' Ash!!!!

Hey I gotta be good for something. ;) hasta

THE CURSE OF BLACKBEARD:pirate1: ...

You didn't think this would be easy did ya??? ;)

ashsmash

xjjeeper19 said:
what year YJ yoke, 95 ok? I will try to get you one of those too.

Does it look like the one on the left in this photo, then yes.

standard.jpg

MJR said:
Does it look like the one on the left in this photo, then yes.

standard.jpg

If so, can you please ship it or get it to me this week?

My address is 25251 Arder Court, Lake Forest, CA 92630.

Thanks!

Back