• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with A/C please

MetalTurtle815

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all,

my 91 XJ has a problem with the A/C
I am the 3rd owner and the 1st had to bypass a switch to make the compressor cycle. this is a headache because if left on once the XJ is turned off, drains the battery. dead battery = headache when u have to be somewhere soon :) so. i was wondering if anyone has an Air System Schematic or can tell me where all the switches are located so i can find where the problem lies and get this fixed so i dont have to worry about my battery dying on me any more
thanks all
feel free to email me at [email protected] with the schematic if u have one.
thanks again
late

Can you advise what componet has to be "jumped" for the compressor to work? I may be able to help you with some diagrams, but I need to know what the former owner has modified. Just guessing they somehow have jumped out the A/C compressor relay, but just a guess. I may not be able to respond until Wednesday evening.

Jwalkman

Either that, or they "jumped" the LPCO switch, and your system wants a recarge (which you should do - and add compressor oil - before you blow out something important!)

The LPCO switch should be a small pressure switch (looks like an oil pressure switch) on the accumulator below the compressor.

5-90

The low pressure cut out switch would not be capable of draining the battery after the engine is shut off. I would lean more toward the compressor clutch is staying active. Metal Turtle check your email there is a wiring diagram attached, as well as a message

Jwalkman

Back