• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1979 Ford 9" & Dana 44 with Ram Assist - XJ

93JXJ

NAXJA Member #1174
Rebuilt Ford 9" and Dana 44 with 8" Ram Assist, Stock 3.5 Gears, Open (no lockers) - 79 has cast C's. These axles were mounted but never run.

These things were soda blasted and then sat without paint, still pretty clean but need paint.

New Bearings, Seals, Hubs (Warn), Calipers, Wheel Cylinders, Rotors, Bolt On D44 diff guard, weld on 9" guard, etc... For mounting the axles it includes Radius Arms, 6* bushings, coil mounts and drop brackets (that have to be ground clean where they were mounted on my unibody).

Also includes heim joint steering, drilled and tapped XJ steering box, Rusty's steering box brace and 8" stroke ram with lines.

To be mounted on an XJ you need to bolt up the 9", weld on the drop brackets, hook up the steering to your pump, hook up brakelines, figure out the driveshafts and go.

Located near Clover, SC - 15 min. south of Charlotte, NC
PM for pics
$750 OBO

Ford 9" Pending Sale.
Dana 44 with Ram Assist, Tapped steering box, etc... $500 OBO

Would you be interested in selling the ram assist steering system seperate?

Guys, I would separate.
You guys have to decide what each is worth. If it were me, I would think that
Rredalty would get the ram assist, lines, brace and steering box (you would have to weld a tab on the steering setup you have)
TheBlackSheep would receive the axle, radius arms, drop brackets, drag link and tie rods.
What do you guys think??

D44 sold to TheBlackSheep. Good guy - sorry to to hold you up. Any problems, let me know.
rredalty - I think I'm supposed to tell you that he didn't pickup the ram assist and the one you'll see with him is one is got somewhere else!

Back