• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Elbe Saturday March 10

mud1059

NAXJA Forum User
Right now I have 4 rigs going up to Elbe. You guys are welcome to attend. Figure the day before the swapmeet, we can see what we should be shopping for.
Rigs so far:

'96 XJ 33s, locked x2, winch,
86 Yota 36's, straight axle swap, exo, locked x2, crawler box, winch
78 CJ7esque 35ATs, hemi powered, yota running gear, locked x2, winch
83 Yota 35's locked x1, winch

Min reqs:

33s
1 axle locked
winch preferred but towpoints accepted (so long as you run your own cable) :)
no minges please

Nobody interested, eh?
John you were specifically requested by the CJ owner. I'm not trying to call ya out publicly, but somehow he knows ya. (Just about everyone does, right?) I'll fill ya in over PM if you care.

mud1059 said:
Nobody interested, eh?
John you were specifically requested by the CJ owner. I'm not trying to call ya out publicly, but somehow he knows ya. (Just about everyone does, right?) I'll fill ya in over PM if you care.

You talking to me? :laugh3:

Google minge,

Excellent day for Elbe, I agree.

Yes John I was talking to you. Jared Malet ring a bell? I think his dad has been a part of PNWJeep and buggy drags for years (I think, don't call me on it.)

I doubt a rescue mission will be required, but Phil you're first on my list to call :)

Lastly, Matt I'm not sure you can't go because it's not right or because you're setting up for the swap meet. Either way, not the first trip and won't be the last. I'll be there again shortly.

mud1059 said:
Lastly, Matt I'm not sure you can't go because it's not right or because you're setting up for the swap meet. Either way, not the first trip and won't be the last. I'll be there again shortly.
Yeah, sorry for the confusion; I'll be helping John with some set-up for the Swap Meet that day.

-----Matt-----

Yeah, I'm out due to swapmeet. I'll be loading/setting up saturday and making money to go to Moab on Sunday ;) Well, there's also the fact that my rig is still on furniture dollies. hahaha

J

Avanteone said:
Yeah, I'm out due to swapmeet. I'll be loading/setting up saturday and making money to go to Moab on Sunday ;) Well, there's also the fact that my rig is still on furniture dollies. hahaha

J
minor detail : ) I just as soon figured you were out due to swapmeet. You should really just relax and make the car salesman do all the work. He owes you some labor anyhow, right? :)

ECKSJAY said:
R Kelly told me that you remind him of his Jeep. :doh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Clever one Phil.

I'd go, BUT there are a few issues.

It seems to me that everytime you all decide to run something, you always put limitations to what you need to have on your rig to be able to run it.

For instance this run your asking for at least 32" tires i think and at least one locked diff? It seems like this is the usual for this group. I know it's not the case every time, and i'm sure that some lifted stock rigs are run... I've been to Reieter, Elbe, Evans.. I've been to most of the trails you all go on, but not in a jeep, more like my 1/2 ton pickup, and I understand why you ask for these mods.

I guess what i'm trying to say is do you guys ever pick a run that the "normal" guys can go on too? I don't really have the money to just throw in a locker, but I do enjoy driving my own vehicle, not riding shotgun.

Oh BTW my t-case is fixed.

Don't take it personal, it's just the time of year.
The trails I'm running on Saturday are not for the faint of heart. It's widely known as the "gnarliest trail" around. Less than a month ago 7 vehicles went in 1 made it out that day, 1 got left there for a week.

Don't get me wrong, I have watched 5 toyotas walk right through it this time last year. Best rig had bald 33s and a welded rear. However I've heard nothing but bad things about it this year. I'll tell ya what, I'll try it, if it's fairly easy, then by all means we'll make a group field trip soon.

Also, I love wheeling with guys that aren't built up all crazy, they are the ones that make wheeling fun. A tug here and there, a push, a different line to avoid body damage. Guys like me just make everything too boring with the I don't give a damn about my rig attitude.

Really, what it comes down to is I don't want to be responsible if your rig gets hurt, and/or we have to call in 3rd party help like the last guys.

Again, it's just the time of year. Give it a month or two, you'll make it on plenty of runs in the spring/summer.

mud1059 said:
Also, I love wheeling with guys that aren't built up all crazy, they are the ones that make wheeling fun. A tug here and there, a push, a different line to avoid body damage. Guys like me just make everything too boring with the I don't give a damn about my rig attitude.

Really, what it comes down to is I don't want to be responsible if your rig gets hurt, and/or we have to call in 3rd party help like the last guys.

I understand all this, and you have a valid point. So I will take this to heart, except for the part of " your rig gets hurt " Maybe others are concerned with this, but my thought on this is that if you are going to attempt one of these trails, then you should have no care as to what happens to your baby.
LOL I wouldn't have stripped my intire interior out if I cared about the "looks" of it. Have any of you seen it lately? it's pretty good. I've got no carpet, no door panels, no rear seat. It's basically rhino lined, and diamond plated doors now. I'm getting it ready for the tree piviting, and river crossings

Back