• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can someone ID these missing bolts???

90Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
89 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 with manual trans.

If you're facing the engine, directly right of the water pump, there are two missing bolts on what I think is the power steering pump mounting bracket. One is right by the water pump, and the other one is just above where the lower radiator hose mounts ot the block.

Does anyone know what size/length these bolts are??

If they're what I think they are (everyone else is right - pix would help much!) they're the two screws that secure the lower end of the power steering bracket to the water pump.

If so, they should be 3/8"-16 x 1". SAE Grade 8 screws are not required - there isn't that much stress on them. SAE5 should do neatly.

If that isn't the right size post up a pic or I can get with you for more details (sometimes I'm slow).

I was planning on taking the valve cover and some other things off to clean things up. I'd be happy to look at those too.

Back