• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adjustable control arms

2000bluexj

NAXJA Forum User
i have question. i will be ordering a lift within the next month for a trip the end of april. do i need adjustable control arms? im not going over 4.5 inches, and either getting a RE superflex AAl kit or the rustys AAL.
thanks its a 2000 cherokee sport.

I run a 3" lift with a spacer and I'm right at the limit of the stock CA's. If you're gonna go 4.5"...I'd do CA's.

2000bluexj said:
i have question. i will be ordering a lift within the next month for a trip the end of april. do i need adjustable control arms? im not going over 4.5 inches, and either getting a RE superflex AAl kit or the rustys AAL.
thanks its a 2000 cherokee sport.

Control arms just make it easier to adjust your caster. You don't HAVE to have them. I don't see why it would be necessary if you DON'T plan on going over the set lift height. Also, you might want to try and go with full leaf packs in the rear as opposed to AAL's

I did a "3" lift" with stock control arms that actually sat around 5" to begin with, and I had death wobble bad. Putting on aftermarket arms fixed it. Can't hurt to try it. If it doesn't work, buy the arms too.

I have the RE 4.5 superflex kit on my 87 xj. I went with the adjustable arms .It will save you alot of time dialing everything in.

Back