• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8 year old daughter behind the wheel...

artsifrtsi

NAXJA Forum User
Helped me find the steering issues in the Cherry today. Had her turn the wheel back and forth, and discovered that the track-bar was bad on both ends. Got the new one in, and drives a LOT better. Now I need to get the Currie drag-ling and get it in there and my steering will be at 100%. WHEE!!!:rof:

You'd be suprised at what the little one can do mine has helped me on just about all of my rig and has gotten mad when I've work on it when she aint here. So I try to save the work on it for our weekends. makes things go a little slower but hey you cann't replace the memories she had with her Dad as a little girl and it makes it her project too.

Not only the memories but she wont be useless when she grows up. I always made my kids chase stuff for me and help. When I sent them for vise grips and they came back with channel locks they went and did it again. They learn real fast. When she grows up she will be able to do stuff on her own. Your on the right track.

Kids can be great helpers and in the long run, it makes the job more fun.

This is my 5yo helping me with some sanding duties
jeep2.jpg

Familiar with the Alan Jackson song, "Drive" ? My kid loves that one. My boy helps with the wrenching in return for some 'wheel' time up at Hungry Valley. (4x lo, 1st gear, no gas) Greatest thing since sliced bread.

Cherokid and the Cherokid-ster :party:

Back