• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Could someone take a measurement for me?

bcsavage

NAXJA Forum User
Apparently my 2DR cherokee has a 4.5" lift in it (procomp) but the rear leaf springs are damn near flat and all I see over stock parts is new ubolts and a 2-inch block. I'm thinking A) procomp packs that are now too saggy or B) I've been lied to

DSCF0015-1.jpg

so what I'm after is if someone with the same (or close to) lift as me could measure from the center of the rear wheel to the bottom of the stock flare. I'm working on the bastard pack idea for the rear and I have what I've been told are RE 4.5" front coils. Those BP's end up being around $100 all said and done (new clips, pins, u-bolts and the springs) which isn't bad but I'm just about to spend $100 on new ball/u-joints for the front drivers side as I just found out it's dangerously sloppy and that has to take priority over getting the most out of my lift.

Stock Cherokee measurements are 17.5" for the front and 17" for the rear when measured from the center of the wheel hub to the bottom of the stock fender flare. Hope this helps.

Looks like your rear end is sagging. Those are 31's right?

yes they are 31's. Thanks for the numbers guys, I'll have to go measure up once it stops flurrying snow in my face lol.

If those are 31s, I'll guess your rear measurment is, hmmm,,,,,,,20.25". Anyone think they can guess closer?:)

not sure of mesure ments but my xj has the procomp 4.5 kit on it i did a bb on top of it but this pic is from befor the bb siting on 34"tires with trimed finders
Picture438.jpg

the rear on mine sags a bit but defanitly isnt as bad as yours is ..i dont have blocks just the springs
this pic is after bb and siting on 35"tires as you can see the rear still sags lol
jeep33.jpg

i have no blocks on mine its the leafs with an addaleaf i belive for the bb i used shakles on the rear and the spacers on the front doing this you will defanitly want to look in to lower control arm drop brakets or long arms i lost almost 1/2 the flex when i did the bb i have aftermarket lower control arms but i am upgrading to long arms here very soon oh yea it rides stiff as all hell too just to let you know lol thats the reason im gona go with long arms is it will give me alot better ride and flex

yup. Don't really like it but that's how it came. *shrug* I'd be happier with Bushwackers if the price weren't so much, it's dman near RENT! lol

And I just measured. Had to eyeball it some but it's around 20.5" Fawk! That means I'm losing 1.5" in a supposed 4.5" lift. I guess that's not horrible, but I still don't like it. Not only that, but I've already got a "whoomph whoomph whoomph" rear-end vibration between 60-80km/h. The guy I bought this from included what are supposed to be RE 4.5" front coils, 2" poly spacers and a set of AAL's that he said when I got everything in would give me 7.5" of lift. Starting to doubt that looking at it now. Even the AAL's have different arch between the two. I should get a pic of the RE fronts and measure their length, maybe you guys could tell me if they are legit or not?

Last edited:
Back